PDA

View Full Version : Drying your Ride

Pages : [1] 2 3

07gtcs
01-08-2012, 03:17 PM
What do you all use for drying your rides. I use a thing called the Absorber. Thoughts?

bmw5541
01-08-2012, 03:25 PM
I use the flooding method for a final rinse, and then use a leaf blower. For the remaining water, I spray with my favorite Instant Detailers, and use a WW drying towel.

The absorber, picks up a lot of water, but be careful with it. If any dirt gets caught under it, you can drag it across the paint.

classofshine
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Flood, then spray QD or spray wax. Then I wipe with a waffle weave or a plush MF towel. Usually need 2 towels, 1 for the heavy water and one to get completely dry.

BobbyG
01-08-2012, 04:32 PM
Like most I used to use drying towels but then migrated over to a leaf blower.

High speed air forces water droplets to quickly shed from the finish surface especially if it`s sealed or waxed.

Addicted2Bling
01-08-2012, 04:56 PM
What do you all use for drying your rides. I use a thing called the Absorber. Thoughts?

I use the same thing, but what I don`t like about it is it gets dirty, sometimes sand gets caught in it, it leaves a small film of water. If I could use a leaf blower like you see those people using on their backs I would use that instead...

mjlinane
01-08-2012, 05:03 PM
If I am doing a regular wash, MetroVac 8hp. If customer`s car with no wax, WW drying towel. Rinseless or waterless, standard MF (sometimes with drying aide).

Rocket
01-08-2012, 05:06 PM
I use waffle weave microfiber towels. I just got a new Master Blaster so I`ll be moving over to that for most of my drying.

glfahlc
01-08-2012, 06:26 PM
ww when i don`t wanna disturb the neighbors...but nothing i`ve found beats the master blaster.

Old Pirate
01-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Flood, leaf blower, then my Big Blue Towel to finish it off.

Bunky
01-08-2012, 06:47 PM
The Absorber has a negative reputation among most serious detailers. That is, they may not get instant respect from some detailers. The argument is that it has no nap so could trap dirt and drag it against the paint causing marring -- more so than a microfiber type towel. I have not seen anyone prove a *clean* absorber when used on properly washed paint is not safe though.

If I recall, Mike Phillips used to sell or promote the product and have not heard him say anything negative,

Paul Sparks
01-08-2012, 06:52 PM
WW towel for customers and my firebird. 70mph down the hi-way with the radio cranked up in my F-250 . :D

TroyScherer
01-08-2012, 07:25 PM
For drying I am now using a Master Blaster. It is simply amazing on a freshly waxed surface as the water blows right off. I also have a few mothers drying towels which are some of the best I have used.

Master blaster: Metro MasterBlaster 8hp (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/master-blaster.html)
Mothers drying towel: Mothers Ultra Soft Drying Towel (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mothers-drying-towel.html)

rzatch
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
I use a waffle weave towl and Grit`s Garage Spray On Wax as a drying aid.

CH.Detailing
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
My car only sees rinseless washes, and I do a few quick swipe with a jelly blade, then mop up the rest with a WW. Far from ideal, and not generally advisable, but it works for me.

mwtaco
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
i used to use the absorber. mine is over 10 years old. i just washed it for the first time last fall after i learned about swirls. i then switched to the guzzlers. just last week i tried out the leaf blower after an insuccessful attempt at purxhasing a master blaster (lack of amperage in house). until i used the leaf blower, i was always annoyed with the drip drip drip.

so my regimen has evolved into leaf blower then waffle weave.