PDA

View Full Version : Well now I`m hooked

Pages : [1] 2

rudyjr
01-07-2012, 06:24 PM
In an earlier introduction post I stated that I had a buddy who had purchased a black MB 500 SL that had been pretty neglected. Many on this forum offered their encouragement and I decided to give him a hand to straighten it out. I purchased a Megs dual action polisher and some pads and he purchased some Zaino products and we decided to have at it. I do not have any before pictures but I shot a couple in my driveway several days later. I would like to thank everyone on this site for their help with this project.

rudyjr
01-07-2012, 06:27 PM
I also decided to give our two daily drivers some TLC and purchased some Wolfgang products for them. All I can say is I am hooked on quality car care products. Thanks again everyone.

mjlinane
01-07-2012, 06:30 PM
The satisfaction from a job well done is quite addicting. Great results and guard your wallet. ;)

cmichael258
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
That turned out really nice. Looks like whoever gave you advice definitely steered you in the right direction.

CT3
01-07-2012, 06:57 PM
That came out very nice. Quality car care products do make a difference. Apply them with a little knowledge and you usually have something you can stand back and smile at.

Old Pirate
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks great from your pictures:bigups, what products were use in the correction work you use?

Jeff U
01-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Re: Well now I`m hooked...

Welcome to the club…

There is great satisfaction in learning to do it yourself. Although there is the danger of getting addicted to having perfect paint. (it appears you are well beyond this stage)

You will now spend countless hours chasing small marks that your family and friends will never notice, even when you attempt to point them out. They will think you are nuts.

But WE will understand.

Nice work! :bow

rudyjr
01-07-2012, 08:34 PM
The satisfaction from a job well done is quite addicting. Great results and guard your wallet. ;)

Yeah, addicting it is. I can`t believe that I wasted so much time and money on lower quality products over the years. For the wifes Accord and my Forester I went with Wolfgang products and I was amazed. These vehicles needed no correction but it took me less time and material to do two cars than it would have to just use regular cleaner wax. The end result was vastly superior. As an added bonus the Wolfgang leather cleaner was able to totally remove the denim stain on the leading edge of my wifes ivory interior that nothing else has touched. She has tried Lexol and countless over the counter products. The leather conditioner is great too.

rzatch
01-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh boy this is just the beginnig of many hours looking, reading and pondering about all of the different products out there and what to buy next. As you said your hooked!! For what ever reason this post reminded me of this.
Huey Lewis And The News - I Want A New Drug - YouTube

Blacktruckowner
01-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Great job, I hope that in the spring when I get a pc my truck comes out that good.

rzatch
01-07-2012, 09:57 PM
You guys keep hanging around here and you will amazed at just how good you will become with the right products and advice.

CT3
01-07-2012, 11:26 PM
You guys keep hanging around here and you will amazed at just how good you will become with the right products and advice.

You will also be amazed at how much lighter your wallet will feel. Believe me I know.

SS 07C70
01-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Nice work, would have been great to see some before pics, but it is what it is. Glad you & your buddy are happy with the end results - the ALL IMPORTANT TEST. Like what you use & like the results you get. GREAT!

Djboy26
01-08-2012, 04:45 AM
quality can never be beat.

BobbyG
01-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Not to worry Rudy, you`re among friends!

Some say the color black is a full time job but on the other side of the coin when done correctly there`s not other color quite as impressive.

An absolutely stellar job! :bigups