PDA

View Full Version : Bfms

Pages : [1] 2 3

Nth Degree
01-05-2012, 10:33 PM
I`m a bit surprised to find no posts yet in this forum since it was created, so I`ll be the first. Maybe Todd should move some BF threads over here and start posting updates about the launch of the new line here.

BFWD is my go to LSP on most cars I use, but I`m not the only one that loves it, which is why I`m not writing about it.

My first experience with BLACKFIRE was a can of BFMS that I won through a contest through TID. Tried it side by side with another of my favorites.:inspector: My first impression was that it was a comparable look, similar feel, easy on and off, but I wasn`t blown away. I waited a day and applied a second coat. (Second coat of the competition as well with a control area as well.):cool: The BFMS pulled ahead a little. So I decided to see what a 3rd coat would do.:wow: I couldn`t believe what a difference it made. I have never seen a wax improve more from 2nd to 3rd coat than from 1st to 2nd. It was an immediate love affair. (Shhh. Don`t tell my fiancee.)

When I hear people say they are not impressed by Midnight Sun I can only assume they have not taken the time to unlock it`s true potential.

While I wouldn`t recommend BFMS as a wax for long term protection or for the person who loses patience and gives up easily, I would say anyone who enjoys the process and wants paint you can dive into, BFMS will not disappoint. On a Black NSX I did back in April I did the "Wet ice over fire". (First in class first time out of the garage.) The owner was so happy with the results he ordered a can himself so he could keep up with it on his own.

SS 07C70
01-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Like your write-up, I`ve only put on a single coat of BFWD and was very happy. After reading this post, I just may have to try the "3 coat version" of BFMS that you rant about.

blk5.0
01-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I normally have about 2-3 coats of bfms on top of bfwd and I love it. Long term really can say cause its topped on bfwd and that lasts a while.

Iomcamaro
01-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I can`t wait to try mine out. I just got it today!

mjlinane
01-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the review. I no longer need wax for my own cars (coated) but still want to try it.

I think I may have a problem ;)

Nth Degree
01-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the review. I no longer need wax for my own cars (coated) but still want to try it.

Acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step to...insanity. You will know for sure that you have a problem when you have so many detailing supplies and tools in your garage that you can no longer fit your car into it. (Anyone else ever found themselves in that predicament?):lol2:

tropicsteve
01-05-2012, 11:10 PM
bfwd is my favorite, but i love the added depth bfms gives as a last step. i will definitely try out the added coats of bfms.

classofshine
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM

No you dont! I really want to coat my personal cars as I have seen how great the coating are on customers cars, but I have a love with carnuba and sealants! Too bad, as it would probably save me a boat load of time if I did coat them!

Parrothead
01-06-2012, 04:49 AM
I use Bfms over Bfwd on my Harley and the finish looks like you can reach into it.
I usually apply a coat of Bfms after every wash and I always get compliments
from my riding buds about how deep the paint looks. I use Bfms on all my chrome
also. Nothing looks better than Blackfire on black and chrome!

BobbyG
01-06-2012, 06:55 AM
This year was the first time I tried BlackFire products. I must admit I was thrilled with the ease of use and performance. My initial try was with BlackFire Wet Diamond Sealant later followed my BlackFire`s Midnight Sun Paste Wax....A gorgeous combination.

My Christmas haul of BlackFire products...

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Christmas%20Haul/ChristmasDetailingHaul201103.jpg

Todd@RUPES
01-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Nice review 9th. Thanks for sharing. This section will be populated with many more reviews once the new line launches. :bigups

mwtaco
01-06-2012, 10:00 AM
I grabbed the Wet Ice over Fire kit over the holidays and have since only had a chance to do a one layer application of MS and was impressed. Look fwd to doing the full kit and I guess I`ll have to do some layering too since it seems to make a difference.

Todd@RUPES
01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I grabbed the Wet Ice over Fire kit over the holidays and have since only had a chance to do a one layer application of MS and was impressed. Look fwd to doing the full kit and I guess I`ll have to do some layering too since it seems to make a difference.

We will be looking forward to the review! :rockon:bigups

rzatch
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Whooa Bobby you got the big Fuzion somebody likes you:drool: Looks like your in line to do a MS Fuzion comparison. You got any WGDGPS to go along with the BFWD sealant and a black car then it can be a real show down.

Pats300zx
01-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Great review. I recently got a jar of BFMS. Just waiting for spring to give it a try.