PDA

View Full Version : Poll: What is your favorite wash media?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Todd@RUPES
01-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Pick your favorite wash media from the list above and tell us why in the thread below.

Dr Oldz
01-03-2012, 12:38 AM
Chenillie Microfiber is my choice. I haven`t noticed any marring if you find a good quality one and they just clean great. Any debris that is caught in them rinses off very easily in the rinse bucket. Usually they can be had at a very affordable price also.

I do like some wool mitts but they can be a pain to maintain and I feel they hold on to grit a little more than I would like if you are washing a cruddy vehicle.

TLMitchell
01-03-2012, 12:59 AM
My favorite? Let me give you a firm, unequivicable "it depends".

On a lightly soiled vehicle I prefer the way lamb`s wool glides across the surface. On heavier soil I prefer chenille MF for the tactile feel, cleaning ability and ability to get into the nooks and cranny. With ONR a grout sponge is the weapon of choice.

TL

wendell jarvis
01-03-2012, 01:41 AM
Depends on the condition of the car.....heavy soiled-Schmitt, lightly soiled WOOKIE FIST

mwtaco
01-03-2012, 07:08 AM
microfiber towel: particularly for rinseless washing. plush. multiple faces to work with. soft and pliable.

Flannigan
01-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Chenille Mf gets my vote as well. They hold tons of soapy water and I have never had an issue with marring since the long MF fingers pull the dirt up and away from the paint. My current favorite is the Griots MF wash pad. It`s great!

Rocket
01-03-2012, 09:29 AM
I have been using sheepskin wash mitts for a long time and they have been great for me. I think they rinse out well and all of mine have lasted a long time.

I have picked up a few Chenille MF mitts recently and used a couple of times and it`s worked well but I haven`t used them enough to know how well I really like them yet.

TroyScherer
01-03-2012, 09:51 AM
I really want to vote for 2.

I really like the Chenillie Microfiber Wash Mitt for really dirty cars....

But on my own cars I like Natural Sheep Skin/ Lamb`s Wool Wash Mitt. The CarPro mitt is absolutely amazing. It is so good I just got a second.

C. Charles Hahn
01-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I don`t really see my choice on the list; I do use the Meguiar`s wool mitts sometimes, but more often than not I`ll grab a MF covered bone sponge (the old Meguiar`s "Quik Detail Pad" type, I have several of them in stock including a few still new in the packaging). Can`t beat `em for rinseless washing.

Piku
01-03-2012, 10:33 AM
Microfiber covered sponge.

Bunky
01-03-2012, 12:00 PM
I like my Race Glaze wash mitts but also like the chenille type as well. I think the mf cleans better.

jtford95
01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I like the Shmitt for regular washes and the microfiber wash mitts for the ONR washes.

BobbyG
01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Even though I`m using my Chenillie Microfiber Wash Mitt more and more, I still like my Lamb`s Wool Wash Mitt a bit better. Maybe it`s because I`m more comfortable the Lamb`s Wool Wash Mitt and old ways doe hard but this could actually go either way...

Gurge
01-03-2012, 02:48 PM
really a big fan of the chenille MF mitt. I feel it reduces the risk of marring since there is so much room for dirt & debris to disappear into the fingers. rinses out well in the bucket also

I don`t put my hand inside the mitt though. i just hold it like a sponge so i can flip it mid panel while washing. and then you can squeeze it out when it exits the rinse bucket (a must if you`re rinseless washing)

IID
01-03-2012, 08:20 PM
I voted for the foam mitt(use Opti-Mitt),but also use CarPro`s Wool and GTechniq`s WM1 Merino wash mitt`s from time to time in the warmer month`s.