PDA

View Full Version : BFMS NOW $80.00?? Booooooooo

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Dr Oldz
12-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Blackfire Midnight Sun Batch #25 Carnauba Paste (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/blackfire-midnight-sun-wax.html)

Hope this is just a misprint otherwise sales may fall steeply.

Rocket
12-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Kind of a neat case though. Think about it- once you finish the wax you can pack cloths in it for your next trip

Crodad1
12-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Kind of a neat case though. Think about it- once you finish the wax you can pack cloths in it for your next trip
I can ship my clothes for less then $20.00 LOL:D

BobbyG
12-28-2011, 06:43 PM
I wonder what`s behind the BIG increase here? I bought my BlackFire Midnight Sun last year on sale for $49.00 but the regular price was only $59.00.

I`m interested to see what everyone else makes of this..

Crodad1
12-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I wonder what`s behind the BIG increase here? I bought my BlackFire Midnight Sun last year on sale for $49.00 but the regular price was only $59.00.

I`m interested to see what everyone else makes of this..

Marketing!
You, the Detailers made the product to what it is. Demands were good, product was good, but to raise prices this time of the yr where everyone`s business is slow is a suicide in my opinion.This time of the year everyone is having sales on their product.Raising prices now it`s like raising prices on air conditioners this time of the yr.
This is just my observation and opinion.

Rocket
12-28-2011, 07:22 PM
A lot of companies increase prices at the beginning of their physical year. Some companies track a year from different months than January. That`s business. At my dads job their year starts over in October. If the price went up in April or May people would still cry foul.

Just wait for Todd to reply and you`ll have your answer soon enough

Todd@RUPES
12-28-2011, 08:40 PM
BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste will continue to be a hand poured, premium carnauba wax that is blended from the finest ingredients, including a helping of BLACKFIRE`s Wet Diamond polymers. The formula has been improved further (technically the latest pour could be considered Batch 26) and the sizing has been increased by almost half an ounce. In today`s world this is quite rare, we have all heard the saying and and have likely had to say it ourselves, “They dont` build them like they used to.” To combat rising manufactuing and chemical costs many manufactuers restort to using lower quality ingredients, decreasing size, or using lower quality ingredients to maintain or increase margins.

If you apply Midnight Sun thick you should be able to get at least 25 applications per the previous 7 ounce size. In identical kit form, which included one microfiber towel and foam applicator, Midnight Sun sold for $69.95, which comes to $2.80 per premium wax applicaton. With the increase in size (assuming two more thick applicatons) the improved formula cost only $2.96 per premium wax applicaton. A nominal increase for an improved formulation that includes a higher quality microfiber towel as well.

Flannigan
12-28-2011, 08:45 PM
BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste will continue to be a hand poured, premium carnauba wax that is blended from the finest ingredients, including a helping of BLACKFIRE`s Wet Diamond polymers. The formula has been improved further (technically the latest pour could be considered Batch 26) and the sizing has been increased by almost half an ounce. In today`s world this is quite rare, we have all heard the saying and and have likely had to say it ourselves, “They dont` build them like they used to.” To combat rising manufactuing and chemical costs many manufactuers restort to using lower quality ingredients, decreasing size, or using lower quality ingredients to maintain or increase margins.

If you apply Midnight Sun thick you should be able to get at least 25 applications per the previous 7 ounce size. In identical kit form, which included one microfiber towel and foam applicator, Midnight Sun sold for $69.95, which comes to $2.80 per premium wax applicaton. With the increase in size (assuming two more thick applicatons) the improved formula cost only $2.96 per premium wax applicaton. A nominal increase for an improved formulation that includes a higher quality microfiber towel as well.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :mad:

C. Charles Hahn
12-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Marketing!

Dr Oldz
12-28-2011, 10:35 PM

Understandable. BF MS was just selling at ACC for 60$. I know a while ago it was $70 with an applicator on other sites. People got used to it being 60 and now it`s 80. A big jump...I think 70 would have been better taken since you said it comes with an applicator and a MF towel. Just expressing my opinion so please accept that for what it is. I love BFMS and it is one of the first BF products that I have used. I am on my second pot actually. Just in these not so great economic times, I feel it is a bit much of a jump.

PS thanks for responding to this thread, Todd! :yourrock

CEE DOG
12-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the response Todd!

Doc, this is what happens when we give a product good reviews and help sell it. We have to pay more :D or go without. I am glad I bought mine on the closeout sale. I won`t pay 80$ for a wax.

blk5.0
12-29-2011, 08:43 AM
It`s 60 on another site so buy now lol

CEE DOG
12-29-2011, 08:51 AM
Rofl!

BIOLINK
12-29-2011, 09:44 AM
Hmmmm, I wonder how much the new release of Wet Diamond Sealant will be. I would love to get another tub of BFMS but I`m with some of you, will not pay $80 for wax.

viOlaziOne
12-29-2011, 10:37 AM
will not pay $80 for wax.

this.

I`m confused though .. the link provided in the first post leads me to a 7oz wax with a case for 20 dollars more than other sites selling the SAME 7oz wax for the price we were all comfortable with (without the case) .. there should, IMO, be an option of whether or not we want this case or at least a bump in size unless I`m missing something .. Todd, you mentioned an increase in size for two more thick applicators but still 7oz ?? unless the new site wrote the wrong oz, I`m not down with that at all TBH