PDA

View Full Version : Concours Restoration "The Ultimate Detail"

Pages : [1] 2 3

Concours.John
12-13-2011, 07:59 PM
I was curious if the administrators and members would be curious of a restoration thread. Winter is when my focus shifts to restoration. I have a very unique project once owned by a famous person. The vehicle was totaled in an accident but has significant auto history. I will be doing all the work other than frame set up and engine. Interior will be done by my upholster. I will install.
It is a full frame off Concours restoration. The plan is to only post enough pics to show progress occasionally so it does not get to picture heavy. With permission I will start the the thread soon. It has to be done by spring so I have to really work hard and put some serious time in. This will only be available here or my website (once developed).
Any interest?
Thanks John

BobbyG
12-13-2011, 08:07 PM
Automotive restoration fascinates me to say the least. I would love to have the facility, tools, and budget to do a complete restoration on a classic automobile.....:bigups

Interested - Absolutely!!

CH.Detailing
12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
No. Cars are stupid, especially rare ones or ones once owned by famous people. Not to mention how boring it is to see all the work and craftsmanship one would put into such an endeavor. Yawn. Keep that stuff to yourself, it`s not wanted.

;)

OF COURSE YOU SHOULD POST THAT!!

Todd@RUPES
12-13-2011, 09:18 PM
I was curious if the administrators and members would be curious of a restoration thread. Winter is when my focus shifts to restoration. I have a very unique project once owned by a famous person. The vehicle was totaled in an accident but has significant auto history. I will be doing all the work other than frame set up and engine. Interior will be done by my upholster. I will install.
It is a full frame off Concours restoration. The plan is to only post enough pics to show progress occasionally so it does not get to picture heavy. With permission I will start the the thread soon. It has to be done by spring so I have to really work hard and put some serious time in. This will only be available here or my website (once developed).
Any interest?
Thanks John

POST THIS!!!!!!! :rockon:bigups:yourrock:rockon:bigups:yourrock

Old Pirate
12-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Waiting............................:surfing

AndrewBigA
12-13-2011, 10:49 PM
count me in! i love this type of work.
hey john! you are making me miss the body shop. i can smell the paint fumes hitting the back of my nose!
post pics as you can.
oh another thing...
*subscribed!~

C. Charles Hahn
12-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Really, John? What could possibly make you think we`d be the type of people who would be interested in that?!

:lol2:

Rocket
12-13-2011, 11:59 PM
I would love to see your project John

Paul Sparks
12-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Bring it on. We`re waiting. :drool: :drool:

Pats300zx
12-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Yes...please !!!!!

TroyScherer
12-14-2011, 07:37 AM
Umm.... I`m waiting... :popcorn :inspector:

Concours.John
12-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I guess sounds like it`s all good. I will sit down this weekend and gather my pictures and information to get something up and started.
Thanks for the responses.

mikenap
12-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Way to go John, this is the first "Teaser" without pics that I`ve seen. I`m really looking forward to it.

mrclean81
12-14-2011, 09:26 AM
I would absolutely love to see a full build like this. Can`t wait :)

Todd@RUPES
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
I think the overwhelming response is that we do not want this thread John!:rofl