PDA

View Full Version : QEW, any special way to use . . .

ben54
04-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Got some QEW today. Is it used/applied the same way like a car wash, just without the rinse?

scottabi
04-21-2004, 11:30 PM
The best way I have found to use it is to put the 2 capfuls of QEW into the bucket with a gallon of water. I use a chenille (SP?) pad to apply like a normal car wash. I do a panel at a time and use a WW towel to pat dry the water spots (you can see the dirt suspended in the water) and then I use a different WW towel to finish dry the panel, then move on to the next area. It works for me and I have not seen any marring except when I try to dry the panel with only 1 towel and not blot it first. In my opinion it takes a couple times to get the hang of it but it is a big time saver for me vs. regular wash.

eggroll
04-21-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I use it with the same two bucket method and two sheepskin mitts. I do one panel before returning the mitt into the bucket, but I go through two or three panels before drying off. I do not find any dirt to be left on the paint. And there is no visible dirt on the towels IMO. Then with the remaining solution I wash my tires and wheels with another dedicated sheepskin. I have also seen no marring.

I now add some QD into the QEW mixture, thanks o scottwax`s suggestions & it works great, adds a little bit of shine.

ben54
04-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Great, thanks for the advice. Looking forward to QEWing my car this weekend.

ACE
04-22-2004, 10:21 PM
Mix up a capful in a spray bottle of hot water and spray the panel first to loosen the dirt. I use one bucket and a black sheepswool mitt. No pressure at all. Just PLACE the washmitt on the surface and pull it.. Then, turn it over to the clean side and pull it over the surface to rinse. Dry with a grey ww towel. After, I like to do a final cleaning with PB`s S&W and that car is clean. I`ve also been using QEW between steps in detailing to remove excess residue. Great stuff.