PDA

View Full Version : chemical guys hishine acrylic spray sealant blitz

tropicsteve
12-02-2011, 08:54 AM
anybody ever try the chemical guys hishine acrylic spray sealant blitz ? i recently got a bottle to try out and it almost seems to be a blend of acrylics and waxes. it requires spreading it, letting it haze, and then buffing off, so it takes a little longer than the usual quick detailers, but leaves a pretty slick shine that beads water nicely, more like a wax than a typical acrylic. it settles out, so it`s good to keep it shaken up as you use it. not sure about the durability, but after a month, it looks good so far.

belair
12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I haven`t used it but the CG line always has some interesting names.

Pats300zx
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
I just used it last weekend. I have had a bottle laying around for a while. I find it somewhat difficult to use. It doesn`t apply as easy as OCW or AW. I guess I need to try and let it haze before removing.

Were you applying it with a foam app or a towel?

tropicsteve
12-02-2011, 04:16 PM
i just spread it using a microfiber towel, let it haze over and buffed it off with another microfiber towel. went on and came off easily. guess i`m lazy , but i like the wipe on and walk away spray detailers after a wash. i always have a good base on my vehicle to start with, so it doesn`t take a lot to keep it up.

classofshine
12-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I like this stuff, it really is a "spray wax" not a QD spray wax. I use this in the winter for quick touch ups and LSP reinforcement. Durability is several months, probably equal to a nuba.

Blindman
12-03-2011, 05:07 AM
anybody ever try the chemical guys hishine acrylic spray sealant blitz ? i recently got a bottle to try out and it almost seems to be a blend of acrylics and waxes. it requires spreading it, letting it haze, and then buffing off, so it takes a little longer than the usual quick detailers, but leaves a pretty slick shine that beads water nicely, more like a wax than a typical acrylic. it settles out, so it`s good to keep it shaken up as you use it. not sure about the durability, but after a month, it looks good so far.
:autopia:I have never used this product but if i hear good things about it you can bet it will be on a purchase list.:)

PA DETAILER
12-03-2011, 07:28 AM
thanks. i was also curious about this product. but after using WGDGSS, wow! best spray sealant i ever used.