PDA

View Full Version : How to setup and mount all your equipment in a van?

xXJAYLUVXx
11-27-2011, 02:34 PM
Whats going on? My name is Jason, and I was wondering how to install all my equipment in a E250 van. I have a Briggs and stratton up right motor, A all power america 3500 watt generator , a Makita 2400 air compressor and a 100 gallon water tank...I bought all this to save money by doing it myself vs buying a already built skid mount setup. I want to do this build but cant find any post or pics of anyone doing this. Im sure its tons of people doing it themselves Just not up posting about it..I know about the competition thing in business...Just hoping any one can give some free descent advice about doing the proper mounting of this equipment....I just jumped in this and I want to be very professional looking when i show up to customer sites.... Pics would be awesome as well ....

Thanks in advance Jason

mrclean81
11-27-2011, 05:04 PM
The first thing is to make sure the tank is mounted over the axle (in between the fender wells). I would also suggest a pump to transfer the water from the tank to the power washer. I don`t trust gravity alone. What will happen is the water wont move fast enough to keep up, and it WILL burn your power washer`s pump up. The rest just comes down to personal preference on where you want things mounted and such. If your fairly new to this business, its going to take a while to figure out your regiment, and your likely going to find yourself changing things up a few times before you get it situated the way you want. Good move going for an air compressor btw. That will be a very good friend of yours. Something to take into consideration is your lengths of air hose, water hose, extension cords, etc. It seems easier if everything is close to the same length. There`s no need in having 300ft of extension cord and 50 ft of air hose etc. You might also look into extending your exhaust pipes for the generator and power washer to exit outside somewhere so you don`t die of carbon monoxide poisoning. I`ve seen many of them ran through the floor and exit under the van or trailer. I hope this helps.

Addicted2Bling
11-27-2011, 07:58 PM
I suggest getting some good straps for that water tank, it is a pain in the a$$ when you are making a turn and that huge a$$ water tank is sliding into all your chemicals and equipment!

Djboy26
11-29-2011, 10:18 PM
i mounted my tank on a platform i made to make sure the water tank was above the pressure washer. make sure your pressure washer is a triplex plunger pump if not will not pump water from tank to pump. mount over axle in the middle of the van. also good to have a bypass from the pump to the tank to circulate the water while gun is not compressed. exhaust should exit the outside of van not the walls. i just got done setting up my mobile trailer luckily i have a good family friend that has a detailing business that i seen his set-up in person to help me out a little. plus I`m jumping on board with him as a business partner to get use to how things run. check out my set-up

http://http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/mobile-detailing-rigs/37621-my-rig.html (http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/mobile-detailing-rigs/37621-my-rig.html)

you can somewhat see how its set-up.