PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here do detailing with a hernia?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ca.detailchick
11-21-2011, 02:12 PM
My doctor thinks I have a umbilical(navel) hernia and told me not to do anything for a couple weeks. I did take almost 3 weeks off and just layed in bed mostly.........ok I went to the beach a lot:D

I thought I was ready to work again but
Ive tried to go back to work 3 times now and it seems I keep reinjuring myself, I can barely work without a lot of pain . I barely have enough strength to do the waxing proccess and polishing is completely out of the question.

Im working on getting my strength back with yoga, walking and push ups.

Does anyone have any hernia stories/advice for me?:inspector:

My doctor really hurt me in the examination and Im afraid to go back!

Thanks!

Mr. Gloss
11-21-2011, 03:14 PM
Fly me to San Diego for the winter and I`ll do all your work for you. :)

Old Pirate
11-21-2011, 03:37 PM

Best answer IMO

Old Pirate
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM
I would see the Dr again about this.

Concours.John
11-21-2011, 03:38 PM
My doctor thinks I have a umbilical(navel) hernia and told me not to do anything for a couple weeks. I did take almost 3 weeks off and just layed in bed mostly.........ok I went to the beach a lot:D

I thought I was ready to work again but
Ive tried to go back to work 3 times now and it seems I keep reinjuring myself, I can barely work without a lot of pain . I barely have enough strength to do the waxing proccess and polishing is completely out of the question.

Im working on getting my strength back with yoga, walking and push ups.

Does anyone have any hernia stories/advice for me?:inspector:

My doctor really hurt me in the examination and Im afraid to go back!

Thanks!

It sounds like your doing the right thing. The key to recovery from an injury is to know your limitations before exceeding them. Any form of exercise without excess will help.
I haven`t had a hernia but do have a 4mm shift in my lower back. Exercise but knowing how far to push was what I was told. Even with exercise sitting or standing in one place too long doesn`t feel good.
With stomach muscles being a large part of movement body wise I can imagine a hernia is no fun.

I`ll add those limitations were set by professionals and increased through monitoring the current condition.

ca.detailchick
11-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Gosh Mr Gloss thats so sweet of you to offer to do my work for me! What a guy! :buddies:D

Unfortunetely I dont have the money to pay you , but I can feed you :bigups

Im too injured for sex so dont even think about it :rofl

---------

Seriously if anyone is in the San Dieg area PM me so I can refer you. Ive been referring my neighbor whos a detailer but he charger 95 an hour :wow:
Id like to get my customers a better deal than that.

ca.detailchick
11-21-2011, 04:42 PM
It sounds like your doing the right thing. The key to recovery from an injury is to know your limitations before exceeding them. Any form of exercise without excess will help.
I haven`t had a hernia but do have a 4mm shift in my lower back. Exercise but knowing how far to push was what I was told. Even with exercise sitting or standing in one place too long doesn`t feel good.
With stomach muscles being a large part of movement body wise I can imagine a hernia is no fun.

I`ll add those limitations were set by professionals and increased through monitoring the current condition.Thanks John.

Yes Im really taking it easy and careful not to do anything that hurts me .I know getting my strenghth back is key to getting better.

My ab machine is off limits for now and so is working for now , with the exception of car washes. I seem to do that ok .

ca.detailchick
11-21-2011, 04:44 PM
I would see the Dr again about this.
Well the truth is I was working ok until I saw the doctor and he pushed his hand in my gut and told me to do a crunch.

He hurt me to the point of not even being able to work so you can see why I dont want to go back.

Nth Degree
11-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Well the truth is I was working ok until I saw the doctor and he pushed his hand in my gut and told me to do a crunch.

He hurt me to the point of not even being able to work so you can see why I dont want to go back.

I`d see a different doc. My fiancee spent the better part of a year going back to the same ENT for a sinus infection. After surgery the problem still wasn`t resolved. Went to another ENT who said there was scar tissue from the first surgery and a Staph infection that somehow was never noticed by the previous doc.

Bottom line: Don`t suffer longer than necessary. Get it polished and sealed before winter...er... fixed before the busy spring season.

Addicted2Bling
11-21-2011, 06:57 PM

I thought doctors were supposed to make people feel better:confused:

Bunky
11-21-2011, 07:27 PM
I would also suggest possibly getting a second opinion....get well.

Jngrbrdman
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I have a hiatal hernia (a lateral tear in the diaphragm which causes my stomach to push up into my respiratory system a little sometimes) but it doesn`t cause me any problems detailing. Usually it only irritates me when I`m sitting at a desk for too long all slouched down.

BIOLINK
11-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Im too injured for sex so dont even think about it :rofl

Too late ;)

ca.detailchick
11-22-2011, 01:27 AM
Thanks guys for your advice.

For now I think I can doctor myself better than any Doctor can.

But if it doesnt get better soon I will go back to my original Doctor( actually a PA) who I thought was very good and thorough. She wanted the second Doctor on duty to take a look at me too (thats when he hurt me). I dont actually think he did any thing wrong. Sometimes to get a diagnosis they have to get invasive.

They wanted me to get a cat scan if I didnt get better but I am not thrilled at spending 2 G and having all my organs filled with cancer causing radiation.

I will if I have to but I want to wait a little and give myself more time to heal and see what happens first.

If needed though I will go back to her and schedule when hes not on shift!

BTW I am open to any and all jokes ! Honestly I probably need some good belly laughs to shift things back to normal!

ca.detailchick
11-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Too late ;)
Naughty!:bonk::D