PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s World EX-P Sealant

topsyt
11-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I have 2 questions about this product.

1. Should I expect this product to bead-up like a wax? I guess that`s what I expected, but it doesn`t bead-up near as much as a new wax application would. It looks more like a wax than has been on a car for 2 or 3 months.

2. Should I expect the applictor to be completely soaked full of the sealant? I`ve used it twice, and in both cases, my applicator was full of the sealant, it took me quite a bit of time to wash it out.

Thanks

Concours.John
11-21-2011, 01:18 PM
I have noticed it does not bead like fresh carnuba wax.

It is sensitive to over application.
It is a little difficult to remove from applicators but yours should not be "soaked". I have had residue appear after a rain on my car but I was hurrying.

Topped with a nice carnuba only wax it gains more depth.

It does offer good protection and durability.

mrclean81
11-21-2011, 01:47 PM
To add to what John said, try washing your app pads out with Dawn. Cuts it right out :)

topsyt
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I`m wondering if the pad I was using caused it to load up?

When I ordered my PC kit, it came with these Red pads, and I used one of these with the Poorboys. Would a Lake County Pad load up less?

"For a Limited Time receive 2 FREE 5.5" Inch Red Soft Wax Pads with your purchase of this kit! Retail Value $13.98."

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2181_103229839

mrclean81
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
LC pads load up fairly easily too. Are you doing this by hand or machine? If your doing it by machine, try priming the pad first. Apply the product (this works for any foam pad and any polish or sealant) generously to the pad. You want to apply enough to spread over about 3/4 of the pad. Work the product into the pad with your fingers until the pad had soaked it up. After that, just apply a couple of drops to the pad when needed. This really makes a big difference in how evenly the machine spreads the product onto the panels. It also helps in keeping the pad from flooding so quickly and unevenly.