PDA

View Full Version : Annoying things people do when driving...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Todd@RUPES
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
A couple off the top of my head...

Make a right hand turn when your making a U-turn and cut you off. In Florida you are allowed to make U-turns at green lights and dividers. I cannot tell you how many times, while making a legal U-turn at a green light (right-of-way) I have been cut off by somebody making a right on red then giving me a look like its my fault. It`s not so much the cutting me off part that bothers me, with U-turns its a tricky situation. It`s the ignorant look of the person that is most troubling.

Windshield wiper spray...

You hop in your freshly detailed ride, take it on the express way, and have the person in front of you spray you down with a fine mist of alcohol based windshield wiper fluid. Not really their fault, but their should be a law against it.

Left lane bandits...

No explanation needed.

Pats300zx
10-26-2011, 01:00 PM
Surfing Autopia Forums while they drive :)

TLMitchell
10-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Florida is notoious for "Q-tips" in Crown Vics and Buick barges rolling down the road for hours on end with a turn signal on. Maybe they`re signaling for the curvature of the earth...

TL

Old Pirate
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Surfing Autopia Forums while they drive :)

That`s what I say.............

Nth Degree
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Being from SoCal and now in NC I have a ton of them, but I won`t list them all.

In addition to Todd`s 3 I will add:

Entering the highway at 40mph.

Not only is your merge tough, but you just made it impossible for every car behind you to merge.

Stepping that up a notch: Stopping at the end of an on ramp.

I have seen this at least a dozen times and have almost rear ended them twice as I was looking over my shoulder to time my space. Please turn in your license if you have ever done this!

People who wait `till the last second to merge from a lane that ends just to get a car or two ahead and try to force their way in.

I have no problem if there is a space that you can fit in and you have the skills and confidence to do it. I am a courteous driver and will allow people in when they try to merge in a timely manner, but those I`ve mentioned better have balls of steel and good brakes to get in front of me. I can`t wait for the day I get to hear someone tell the cop: "But my signal was on and he wouldn`t let me in." after they went straight in a "right turn only" lane. I look forward to my new paint job.:D

C. Charles Hahn
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Stopping at a "Yield" sign when there is no traffic coming in any direction.

Texting or talking on the cell phone while driving

Reading the newspaper while driving

Pretty much doing anything other than driving while driving.

belair
10-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Stopped at a red light and the driver coming up behind you three car lengths away begins to slow down then looks out the side window and stares at something, while still moving toward you. WHAT ARE THESE MORONS STARING AT???

Concours.John
10-26-2011, 05:18 PM
People who are driving taking picture and video of the vehicle your driving. Ultimately forcing you into the emergency lane or other because they are steering towards where they are looking.
People following you for miles into a parking lot to see vehicle in person. Some of us carry because you don`t know what intensions are. This happens alot.

Harleyguy
10-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Trying to contact Todd and getting his voice mail and cursing at the phone while other people are watching you . Only kidding buddy, all the people who try and run a business while they are driving .
As mentioned texting is the worst thing .

Reality33
10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Floridas Turnpike through Orlando.... where everyone fight for the three left lanes of traffic... going under the speed limit.

Also people driving 15 over in 20-30 MPH zones, but then 15 under on 55 MPH highways.

Harleyguy
10-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Floridas Turnpike through Orlando.... where everyone fight for the three left lanes of traffic... going under the speed limit.

Also people driving 15 over in 20-30 MPH zones, but then 15 under on 55 MPH highways.So far it looks like Florida is in the lead so far for one of the most annoying places .
I`m proud to live here :welcome:

Old Pirate
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Same here Adam...............:D

Time 2 shine
10-26-2011, 07:24 PM
we have a few roundabouts here and people have no clue how to use them...

Definitely people on there phones, these people do every annoying thing possible.

TroyScherer
10-26-2011, 07:44 PM
People who check their Facebook, play Angry Birds and other crap.

Rocket
10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
People who tailgate... Riding my bumper won`t get you there any faster.

People who weave in and out of traffic. I saw a guy this morning that moved in and out of a lane 3 or 4 times and didn`t make any progress. What`s the point? I ended up passing him and I didn`t change lanes once