PDA

View Full Version : Question about SSR1

Pages : [1] 2

SOG35
04-20-2004, 04:28 PM
I`m going to do my quartly polishing tommorrow. I was planning on using SSR1 with my PC. My question is should i use a cut pad or a polishing pad with SSR1? I`m planning on using just SSR1 and then EX-P.

Would using the cut pad cause marring? or will the polish pad yield a greater shine? btw my car is black and the paint is in great shape.

elortt
04-20-2004, 04:31 PM
use the polishing pad, always start with the least aggressive. if it is in good shape you should not use the cut pad anyway

Eric

Poorboy
04-20-2004, 04:52 PM
:yeah

a finishing pad would be even better if the finish is in that good of shape:dunno

Boss_429
04-20-2004, 04:53 PM
I would stick with the SSR1 on a polishing pad. Save the cutting bad for more severe duty with more abrasive products.

JimS
04-20-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Poorboy
:yeah

a finishing pad would be even better if the finish is in that good of shape:dunno

Based on the work I did today my vote is for the finishing pad. (I used a cut pad today, Megs red w/SSR2, and now I need to do some rotary work tomorrow. :( )

Poorboy
04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Jim :nono Jim :nono your truck is immaculate why did you use a cutting pad:confused: :nono

Nickc0844
04-20-2004, 10:24 PM
NO CUTTING PAD....in this case, the pad would do more harm than good. Steve said it best, if your doing it quarterly, a finishing pad might be good enough, and with it being so soft, expect a greater amount of depth and wetness to your finish.

Good luck!

groebuck
04-20-2004, 10:57 PM
I`ve used the Meg`s red (cutting) in some cases - but that was on a finish that was in the (what is a car wash) catagory. You can mar the finish with the red (hazing at a minimum) if you apply enough pressue.

da polish pad is the best for the job

PakShak
04-20-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi SOG35,

It was nice meeting you today. Yes, I would recommend using the white polishing pad with your PC with the SSR1.

With Aloha,
Ranney :)

ranch4x4
04-20-2004, 11:44 PM
I`m for the finishing pad... never really thought of using one for polishing but not a bad idea... I can probably polish monthly using that. :)

JimS
04-21-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Poorboy
Jim :nono Jim :nono your truck is immaculate why did you use a cutting pad:confused: :nono I had some scratches I thought needed the red cut pad but it left scratches that are finer but more plentiful than the ones I worked on. So...now I get out the rotary with a polishing pad and some SSR2, then the PC, finish pad and PP.

kimwallace
04-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Polishing or finishing pad ... distribute the product at 4 1/2 then crank the PC to 6 and buff until the product almost disapears ... WOW ... what a shine!

SOG35
04-21-2004, 08:04 PM
thanks for the helpful tips everyone. I used the polish pad with SSR1, came out very good!

Ranney, thanks for the great service and products. Those free applicators are really appreciated.

rob808
04-22-2004, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by PakShak
Hi SOG35,

It was nice meeting you today. Yes, I would recommend using the white polishing pad with your PC with the SSR1.

With Aloha,
Ranney :)

Another one from here eh?

JimS
04-22-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by JimS
I had some scratches I thought needed the red cut pad but it left scratches that are finer but more plentiful than the ones I worked on. So...now I get out the rotary with a polishing pad and some SSR2, then the PC, finish pad and PP.

AND.......it took the rotary and SSR3 to do the job!...but the job did get done.

I don`t think I`ll be using a cut pad for a while....like until I forget all about this experience. I had to work the paint pretty hard and get it pretty darned hot to get the scratches out.

I did learn more about using the rotary and I did get the scratches out and I did feel llike I`d accomplished something that a year ago I couldn`t have done! Pretty cool.

After getting rid of all the scratches I finished off with the PC, finishing pad and PP then EX-P by hand. :cool