PDA

View Full Version : Transition from Zaino

Dogfather
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
I`m trying to figure out which products could replace my Zaino products as they run out. Up to now I biannually apply (after claying) Z-AIO, Z-2 PRO(w/o ZFX), Z-CS. This spring I ran out of Z-2 PRO. I bought a bottle of Duragloss #111 but now I`m not so sure it`s a direct replacement because the box says it cleans (unlike Z-2PRO).Will it "clean" off the protection provided by the Z-AIO, or will it just add another layer like Z-2 PRO? Also, I used to apply Z-2PRO from bumper to bumper ( paint, glass, plastic, rubber, everything) without any worry of discoloring, residue, etc. Can I apply 111 the same way? Thanks

opie_7afe
10-12-2011, 07:40 PM
best thing to do is just try products or offer up some samples of products here on autopia and maybe someone will trade you and you get to try out some new product!. you can also buy samples from autogeek(i dont know if autopia store has samples) in this game theres thousands of products and everyone likes a certain brand or a combo of brands. theres plenty of great AIO products like xmt360,klasse AIO,meguiars paint reconditioning creme D151. with an aio product it just depends what your looking for as in chemical cleaning of the paint or wanting to clean paint and remove some defects also. alot love the D151 but some paints you might need to follow up with a swirl removing polish if its really soft paint. and as far as a LSP goes what kind of look to your paint do you like? what kind of durability are you looking for?. have you thought about a nanocoating such as system-X,opti-coat,c-quartz ect?.and i would not apply a LSP to all surfaces on the exterior. I only apply it to painted,plastic chrome,polished aluminum,and glass. i then use a dedicated trim protectant for rubber,plastic,vinyl as the good protectants will get into the plastic itself providing good protective layer.however, more recently they have some trim sealants which last a very long time and leave the stock sheen to them i think C4 is the name of one. thats just my opinion of keeping all lsp`s off trim. i know some trim takes well to using a compound however! but that`s another topic! good luck finding a replacement to the zaino, im sure you will find something great to fit your needs on the autopia store!. oh yeah and welcome to the forums!

Stokdgs
10-12-2011, 07:56 PM
best thing to do is just try products or offer up some samples of products here on autopia and maybe someone will trade you and you get to try out some new product!. you can also buy samples from autogeek(i dont know if autopia store has samples) in this game theres thousands of products and everyone likes a certain brand or a combo of brands. theres plenty of great AIO products like xmt360,klasse AIO,meguiars paint reconditioning creme D151. with an aio product it just depends what your looking for as in chemical cleaning of the paint or wanting to clean paint and remove some defects also. alot love the D151 but some paints you might need to follow up with a swirl removing polish if its really soft paint. and as far as a LSP goes what kind of look to your paint do you like? what kind of durability are you looking for?. have you thought about a nanocoating such as system-X,opti-coat,c-quartz ect?.and i would not apply a LSP to all surfaces on the exterior. I only apply it to painted,plastic chrome,polished aluminum,and glass. i then use a dedicated trim protectant for rubber,plastic,vinyl as the good protectants will get into the plastic itself providing good protective layer.however, more recently they have some trim sealants which last a very long time and leave the stock sheen to them i think C4 is the name of one. thats just my opinion of keeping all lsp`s off trim. i know some trim takes well to using a compound however! but that`s another topic! good luck finding a replacement to the zaino, im sure you will find something great to fit your needs on the autopia store!. oh yeah and welcome to the forums!

Welcome aboard !
Here is a cut and paste of duragloss 111 from this site ---

duct Description
Super synthetic protection for clear coat finishes!

Creates a “wet look shine” that compliments all colors.
A true, high gloss paint sealant.
Glossy shine resists acids and alkaline cleaners.

Duragloss CCP (Clear Coat Polish) is a non-abrasive synthetic formula, which gives a "wet look" shine and durable protective coating. This product is durable to both acid and alkaline washes. Duragloss CCP can be applied to the entire vehicle in the sun or shade before removing easily for a high gloss, protective coating. Use a pre-wax cleaner or polish prior to using Duragloss Clear Coat Polish #111 for best results.

It doesnt say anything about cleaning and says to use a pre wax cleaner or polish prior to using this product..

Is this the same product you have ?

Dan F

DHCrocks
10-12-2011, 11:10 PM
I was a convert from Zaino too. I used to use Z2, Z5, Z8, Z6, Z10, Z-CS. I switched over to Blackfire. Seems to give a similar sealant look but its much more slick and easier to apply and remove.

The Gloss Enhancing Polish is a great product. I don`t think it`s really a polish but more of a cleaner and glaze it`s a good product to get the surface prepped for the sealant, use it on paint is in good condition. If you need more then a cleaner and need to polish out some scratches or swirls this is not really ideal. It will take out minor stuff with a DA but don`t expect heavy correction with it.

Wet Diamond....what can I say I leaves a great glossy finish and a super slick surface. It`s much better in that respect to Zaino IMO. I think the Zaino has a bit on the longevity department but the WD is so much slicker and smoother. Looks are similar. WD is easier to apply and remove then Z2. Applying multiple coats is similar to Z2, you need to wait overnight before doing the second coat. Unfortunately they dont have a product similar to ZFX that would speed up the process.

Deep Gloss Spray is similar to Z8, use it as a final wipedown or a QD on a "clean" car only. it`s not meant to remove contaminants but rather give it that last bit of oomph of gloss and it leaves a nice slick surface. I use this after every wash as a final wipedown.

I wish they had a product similar to ZCS or a wipe on walk away type of product, this would be great. I used to like washing my car and then doing a quick wipe down with ZCS once a month to give it a little bit of added protection between Z2 applications.

I`m still sticking with the Z10 as I love the smell and nothing I`ve seen comes close to it.

TroyScherer
10-13-2011, 07:10 AM
A great option for ZCS is Optimum Opti-Seal -or-Ultima Paint Guard Plus. Both are WOWO and walk away true sealants. I personally have and use Opti-Seal.

For Z-AIO there are many options. I personally have Klasse AIO. It is a great chemical cleaner that does leave some acrylic based protection behind; thus a great base for a sealant. In the DG line I would look at Polish and Cleaner (PC) #101. Werkstat Prime is also another good option IMO for a Base AIO.

As for as Z-2Pro… IMO you can choose almost any Acrylic or Polymer based sealant you want. Some like BFWD / Menz PL create a deep wet look and are very slick. Other like Klasse SG create bright shinny look and are ultra durable. It really comes down to what characteristics you are looking for and what priority you place each one in.

Dogfather
10-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the replies and interesting suggestions. If BF WD is easier to apply and remove than Z2PRO it must be effortless. I must try it sometime. I`ve known Klasse AIO to be very popular as well. Does anyone think there is a downside to using different mfgs. products together? Is there some synergistic relationship that`s compromised?

TroyScherer
10-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the replies and interesting suggestions. If BF WD is easier to apply and remove than Z2PRO it must be effortless. I must try it sometime. I`ve known Klasse AIO to be very popular as well. Does anyone think there is a downside to using different mfgs. products together? Is there some synergistic relationship that`s compromised?

I personally have mixed and matched products line together to accomplish a goal or task many times. (Poorboy`s Black hole top with DP Max Wax / Klasse AIO top with Collinite #845)

On the other hand I can definitely see the point and relationship to using the same line of products. The problem occurs when there are better performing options or the specific line doesn`t have something. A current example is the Blackfire line doesn`t have an AIO product. I do expect an AIO to be announced this year at SEMA. But will it be the best AIO around or just average?