PDA

View Full Version : Domestic: Are you a Chevy, Mopar, or Ford guy?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Todd@RUPES
10-07-2011, 12:26 AM
I grew up as a Chevy guy. My passion started with Corvettes, transferred the muscle cars, and progressed. I had an LS1 Camaro. I have always loved Chevy. My favorite NASCAR guys (at the time) drove Chevys, names like Earnhardt, Gorden, and LaBonte. I used to draw Bow-Tie`s on my highschool note books and names like L-88, Tri-Power, LS6, 427, and Duntov where magical. 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 was my password for everything.

However, as of late, I cannot help but notice that my hatred for FoMoCo has cooled. I think the new Mustang 5.0 is an AMAZING car (I would take one over the other domestic offerings for sure). Their newest cars are top-quality and top-notch.

Have I become a Ford guy? Is this even possible.

Iomcamaro
10-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Although I am a hardcore Chevy guy, when it comes to muscle cars, I love all of them. Each of them have pros and cons and their own spot in society.

Dr Oldz
10-07-2011, 01:55 AM
Chevy, Mopar, or Ford.............................................. .

I guess I don`t belong.......:cry:

I do own a Chevy and a few Mopars just to fit in tho!

ca.detailchick
10-07-2011, 03:02 AM
Im not a guy!;)

AutopiaTech
10-07-2011, 05:07 AM
Here`s my dream machine....:drool:

http://img2.netcarshow.com/Fiat-Panda_2013_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Just me, the car, and a copy of Sammy Hagar`s Greatest Hits along with an ice cold seltzer water and I`d be ready for a night of cruising. It`s not the ride, it`s the rider. :rockon

Pats300zx
10-07-2011, 05:47 AM
Chevy for me :)

JSFM35X
10-07-2011, 06:39 AM
I grew up as a Chevy guy. My passion started with Corvettes, transferred the muscle cars, and progressed. I had an LS1 Camaro. I have always loved Chevy. My favorite NASCAR guys (at the time) drove Chevys, names like Earnhardt, Gorden, and LaBonte. I used to draw Bow-Tie`s on my highschool note books and names like L-88, Tri-Power, LS6, 427, and Duntov where magical. 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 was my password for everything.

However, as of late, I cannot help but notice that my hatred for FoMoCo has cooled. I think the new Mustang 5.0 is an AMAZING car (I would take one over the other domestic offerings for sure). Their newest cars are top-quality and top-notch.

Last year on vacation in South Florida I rented a convertable Mustang. I really was expecting a rattle box especially being a vert. I was extreemly impressed with the thightness of the car and the fit and finish. I have not driven a Chevy in years, but I can tell you that the Ford Mustang (base V6) was a much better car than I expected it to be.

Next time around I trhinnk I will rent a Chevy just to compare. I hope they have the convertable Coamro`s by February Break!

TroyScherer
10-07-2011, 08:47 AM
I am a car guy at heart and love all cool cars. But my family has always bought Chevy`s when buying domestic.

Rocket
10-07-2011, 09:58 AM
I`ve only owned domestics and all had a V8. I`ve always loved old muscle cars and that`s really my favorite. The few Ford products my family has owned have been trouble. It really left a bad taste but I have to admit that I do like the new Mustangs. I would own a Shelby Cobra in a heart beat.

Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Dodge is all I`ve personally owned. I guess I killed off Pontiac and Olds.

I haven`t owned a Chevy but my first will either be a 69 Camaro or a Z06 Corvette. I wouldn`t mind a C1 vette either

RaskyR1
10-07-2011, 10:08 AM
I like blond, brunette, and gingers....

If it has nice lines and a strong strong motor, me like! :hotrod:

Sundaze
10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
......I cannot help but notice that my hatred for FoMoCo has cooled. I think the new Mustang 5.0 is an AMAZING car (I would take one over the other domestic offerings for sure). Their newest cars are top-quality and top-notch.

Love the Fords!!!

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/members/sundaze-albums-sho-picture590-full.jpg

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/members/sundaze-albums-12-mustang-gt-picture632-9-10-4.jpg

C. Charles Hahn
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
I`m a GM guy, personally.

http://www.specialeventsponsorships.com/GM%20Performance%20Division%20Logo.png

Stokdgs
10-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Todd --
You are so funny ! " 1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 was my password for everything." - Only a true Chevy freak would know that is the firing order of all the V8`s !! I am so proud of you !! :)

Been around all makes and models all my life too, but had a few more Chevy`s than other models. My most favorite was my brand new 1969 Camaro SS/RS Pace Car hardtop, not the convertible. Totally went through it the 14 years I owned it and it was a really fast, nice ride.
Have also had a couple of newer Fords, I really liked my new Ford Lightning Truck for awhile, and my new F-150 Harley Davidson Truck was a very nice ride with those beautiful 20" wheels!

Only been close to the Mopars but never had one. They were all very nice and I was lucky to grow up with all the Hemi`s. 440`s, 383`s and 340`s that a lot of my friends had. Awesome power and sound !

The closest thing I have now to that marque is my `09 Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4 with a Hemi and a really nice Magnaflow 3" Muffler and exhaust pipe that really woke up that engine.

Dan F

Eagle fan
10-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I was always a ford guy, but last year bought an avalanche. Does exactly what I need it to do. Really great truck. However, how I was taught growing up is that as long as its an american made car, its ok. You might not be a fan but its still better than a foreign car.
God Bless America

mustangmike
10-07-2011, 12:01 PM
I`m a (surprise) Ford guy. Never owned anything else. Current stable: An Escape, a Focus, and 3 Mustangs. I can appreciate any high performance American car though.