PDA

View Full Version : collinite 845 questions

Pages : [1] 2

Time 2 shine
10-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Does 845 stain trim or plastics?
Machine application or by hand? Whats better for this product?
After applying do you have to keep water of the vehicle for a certain amount of time?

Its super thick and most ive read recommend shaking until it thins out. Any other tips,tricks or recommendations for using this product would be get. Thanks.

01GreyStangGT
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
You shake it until it`s water thin. I`ve used it with a DA or by hand and it`s easy either way. I`ve never had it stain trim. I`ve been using it about 3 years.

TroyScherer
10-01-2011, 07:20 PM
1. It usually does not stain trim. But I would not wax the trim on purpose. Thats what trim products are for.
2. Both application methods work. I would get a flip top cap for the lid. This will allow for better control. As noted before shake it "like a Polaroid picture" until it it a milky constancy.
3. I would treat it like any other wax. 8-12 hrs of cure time. It is just a good standard to go by.

Bill D
10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
It`s my standard LSP when I do a detail for pay. I just applied some to the wheels underneath the wire wheel covers on my older Cadillac. I apply it to wheels thinly with a foam paint brush,let it cure, then buff to shine.

Time 2 shine
10-01-2011, 08:24 PM
1. It usually does not stain trim. But I would not wax the trim on purpose. Thats what trim products are for.
2. Both application methods work. I would get a flip top cap for the lid. This will allow for better control. As noted before shake it "like a Polaroid picture" until it it a milky constancy.
3. I would treat it like any other wax. 8-12 hrs of cure time. It is just a good standard to go by.

I don`t plan on putting it on any trim on purpose, only if it would get on there by accident. Thanks

Time 2 shine
10-01-2011, 08:31 PM
You shake it until it`s water thin. I`ve used it with a DA or by hand and it`s easy either way. I`ve never had it stain trim. I`ve been using it about 3 years.

Thanks. I just got some in the mail yesterday and its super super thick. Ive heard it being like that and scene it`s being getting colder here (mid to high 60`s) it doesn`t help.

TroyScherer
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Thanks. I just got some in the mail yesterday and its super super thick. Ive heard it being like that and scene it`s being getting colder here (mid to high 60`s) it doesn`t help.

One trick that works to get it turn liquid initially is to place the bottle in pot of warm water. In a little bit it will be ready to go. After that it is much easier to shake it and keep it liquid.

JaredPointer
10-02-2011, 07:38 AM
It`s my standard LSP when I do a detail for pay.

I`ve been thinking for the last year or so why I don`t just use it all the time on my personal vehicles. It looks as good as anything else out there, it`s super easy to apply and remove, it lasts as long as anything else, and it`s had on the cheap. I mean, the only real complaint I have with it is the bottle/lid, and I can easily fix that on my own.

pmdureska
10-04-2011, 08:46 PM
i just keep mine indoors and it warms to room temp and then shake it up before use. just used it yesterday for winter prep. very easy on and off.

mikenap
10-05-2011, 07:22 AM

I don`t plan on putting it on any trim on purpose, only if it would get on there by accident. Thanks

I won`t say it works every time, but I`ve used it on trim on my daily driver with zero issues. It lasts longer than most trim products I have.

The other A forum has a thread going where someone is testing a bunch of trim dressings, and has 845 in the mix. It`s here (http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/137802-product-testing-trim-adams-optimum-collinite-blackwow.html) for anyone interested.

TroyScherer
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
I to have used it on my black trim but I don`t make it a point to always do it.

Time 2 shine
10-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Put a coat of 845 over BFWD on my radiant red tacoma and in looks fantastic.

Van185
12-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I usually soak the bottle in hot water for about 10-15 minutes and then shake it until it gets smooth. I also change caps to one with a flip open top so I don`t waste alot of product. I let it set about 30 minutes and then take it off with a good clean rag. I have used it on trim with no problems.

m34door
12-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I have to admit that I would have thought the 845 could potentially stain the trim but this is very interesting. I always use 845 on my daily driver but then use the trim restore from poorboys world for the trim. may have to try this instead.

I won`t say it works every time, but I`ve used it on trim on my daily driver with zero issues. It lasts longer than most trim products I have.

The other A forum has a thread going where someone is testing a bunch of trim dressings, and has 845 in the mix. It`s here (http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/137802-product-testing-trim-adams-optimum-collinite-blackwow.html) for anyone interested.

01GreyStangGT
12-05-2011, 10:59 PM
I`ve used it on trim and it is surprisingly good. Wipe on Wipe off for best results.