PDA

View Full Version : Griot`s Foam Gun/Optimum Wash video

Bunky
09-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I was practicing doing a video with the camera in one hand and using something else in the other (Garry Dean style). I need more practice.

Griot`s Foam Gun ($30) with recommended nozzle (1:128 dilution?)

Optimum Wash 1:6 dilution in the bottle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmYXcOjOhFU&feature=player_detailpage

mikenap
09-11-2011, 10:03 PM
It keeps saying the video is private.:(

Garry Dean
09-11-2011, 10:22 PM
It keeps saying the video is private.:(

I get the same message.

Bunky
09-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Sorry. I fixed it.

Garry Dean
09-12-2011, 06:11 AM
How can It be Garry Dean style with no commentary?

Do you like the combo?

Bunky
09-12-2011, 06:15 AM

Do you like the combo?

My reference is the ability to move the camera adroitly and also show work. I have not graduated to talking at the same time or even flipping the camera around to talk into it.

I am using a Canon S95 and it has no viewfinder which I do find a nuisance at times. I may just switch to my Nikon but the camera is much heavier.

Optimum works nicely in the foam gun and the griot`s foam gun. You can find the same one sold elsewhere for horse washin and also Adam`s sold this style until it was discovered to be made in China.

Mr. Gloss
09-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Is there a way to adjust the spray pattern? The jet spray doesn`t cover well and it seems to waste a lot of product. No wonder you can`t video, spray and talk all at once. :D

Bunky
09-12-2011, 08:19 AM
Is there a way to adjust the spray pattern? The jet spray doesn`t cover well and it seems to waste a lot of product. No wonder you can`t video, spray and talk all at once. :D

The pattern itself is not adjustable. It does seem like a waste but I was able to foam the truck almost 2x) while playing with the gun and camera but I only used 2 oz of soap mixed at 1:6 so cost wise it is not that expensive so less than a $1 even for entertainment if one thinks foam guns are a waste. I have not done extremely dirty cars with it so not sure the full benefit.

If you used a soap like CG Maxi Suds it would be at least 50% less cost.

Garry Dean
09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
My reference is the ability to move the camera adroitly and also show work. I have not graduated to talking at the same time or even flipping the camera around to talk into it.

I am using a Canon S95 and it has no viewfinder which I do find a nuisance at times. I may just switch to my Nikon but the camera is much heavier.

Optimum works nicely in the foam gun and the griot`s foam gun. You can find the same one sold elsewhere for horse washin and also Adam`s sold this style until it was discovered to be made in China.

I was just messing with you, Al. Nice job on the video. Optimum soap smells fantastic, doesn`t it?

Todd@RUPES
09-12-2011, 08:41 AM

Do you like the combo?

Ummmm and a bald head?! :bigups :lol2:

Cool video Bunky! :yourrock

Concours.John
09-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the demonstration.