PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want/need some Poorboy`s Pro Polish?

gbackus
04-19-2004, 12:49 AM
It`s practically full. Probably 14 oz, maybe 15 oz. of the stuff left. I keep getting haze when using it on dark colored cars, which I think is mostly from the fact that it`s a bear for me to buff off in the sun. I get similar results(not quite as deep) with ssr1 and it`s a lot easier for me to use in the sun, and as my driver is dark blue, I can`t see myself using it very often if at all. If anyone wants it, please let me know.

Tassadar
04-19-2004, 02:01 AM
I think you are using too much product. Pro Polish has NEVER been hard for me to get off, and thats in 100+ degree heat, direct sun light, 80% humidity, and black paint.

scottabi
04-19-2004, 04:02 AM
send it to me if you want. I`ll be more than happy to take it off your hands ;)

JimS
04-19-2004, 07:06 AM
I left you a pm with my address.

Poorboy
04-19-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Tassadar
I think you are using too much product. Pro Polish has NEVER been hard for me to get off, and thats in 100+ degree heat, direct sun light, 80% humidity, and black paint.

yes I`ve found that Tassadars statements are about the same as I`ve used and tested it....

I would try using a lot less ...just a couple DROPS per panel, work it until it basically disappears...if you don`t find it easier, you can return it to me for a full refund or exchange it for another product...

gbackus
04-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Just a quick reply as I`m at shcool, I`ll respond again tonight.

Just wanted to note how I am using the polish. I`m using very LITTLE, as in a pearl sized drop, with a polishing pad at about a speed of 5 on the PC. I still have trouble with the polish, for some reason it only happens on the trunk, spoiler and roof.

Also, just a quick question. About how much SSr2 should I be using per 2ftx2ft area? Anad at a speed of about 5.5, how many passes should it take to fully brake down?

Thanks.

Poorboy
04-19-2004, 05:53 PM
just as a side note...if you are using it on the pc it would be best not to dampen the pad, but rather use the product to dampen slightly...you may want to try the SSR2 on those panels first as it seems the problem is not universal on your car....
as for the SSR2 ...about three nickel size drops should do a 2x2 and you have to work it until you are happy with what you see...there is not set time ....but at least a couple minutes...

gbackus
04-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Three nickel sized drops? That seems like a lot, I`ve been using about a quarter sized drop, and I work it until it`s pretty much gone, leaves a nice finish, but it takes me quite awhile to work it all the way through. The reason I ask is that some people say they spend about 3-5 minutes on a 2x2 section, and I`m spending twice that, if not more. I am working it too long?

Poorboy
04-19-2004, 07:00 PM
no I think you`re working it well, maybe I do 3x3 sections and work it pretty long too...I like to see all the abrasive breakdown and a smooth clear finish when i`m ending..:dunno

filipzin
04-19-2004, 08:33 PM
So if SSR2 has abrasives that breakdown, do you need to folow up with SSR1?

Poorboy
04-19-2004, 08:58 PM
that depends on what you are following with ...PwC..no Pro Polish ..no EX/EX-P ..yes Natty`s ..yes