PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Turtle Wax "ICE" spray wax?

Pages : [1] 2

jlineman
09-04-2011, 10:09 PM
I was washing my wife`s car and after I dry, I usually go over it with a spray wax. My neighbor came over with some Turtle "ICE" spray wax. It says it is a "Synthetic" wax with carnauba and synthetic polymers. Haven`t the foggiest idea what all that means but I tried it on a couple of panels and the chrome wheels. I like the way it goes on and comes off, left the surface slick and shinny and there was no film or streaking on the chrome. Anyone used this stuff and have any idea on durability? I`ll never get to the durability test since I`m waxing after most every wash...just curious for an OTC spray wax that can be bought locally. DG spray wax is also available locally.

mrclean81
09-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Ive used it. Your probably not going to read many rave reviews about it, but it does what its supposed to do for the most part. The durability is that of car wash wax if not worse. Dont expect much protection at all from it or most other spray waxes. If your just looking for something to go over the car with after a wash, it would work fine. If you can get DG locally, your much better off imo. DG makes some good products

Mr. Gloss
09-05-2011, 06:05 AM
Durability isn`t something to be considered when buying or using a spray wax. A spray wax is meant to refresh the shine that was put there by polishing and waxing.

A spray wax is meant to be used as often as needed to maintain the shine between another full detail.

JaredPointer
09-05-2011, 07:17 AM
My dad uses ICE, and he`s pleased with it. I must admit, it looks pretty good on his truck when he uses it.

jlineman
09-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Durability isn`t something to be considered when buying or using a spray wax. A spray wax is meant to refresh the shine that was put there by polishing and waxing.

A spray wax is meant to be used as often as needed to maintain the shine between another full detail.
That`s exactly what I am doing with spray wax. I`ve clayed, polished and put a good coat of sealer on the car and after a wash go over it with a spray wax to just freshen up things. I figure, if I am going to spend the time going over the car, I might as well use spray wax instead of detail spray.

Larry A
09-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Ive got a couple of samples of it at a car show a month ago . Ive used it on my car and my company van , I am very pleased with it . Its as good as Eagle One Nano Spray. I would say that both work very similar. All I ever use on my company van is spray wax . She gets a soft cloth car wash twice a week, and a spray wax every 2 to 3 weeks . The van looks very good and people cant believe that it has 125000 miles on it, and sits outside all the time. Ive also notice that the more coats of Turtle Ice Spray and Nano Spray you put on the more fine scratches and swirl marks are hidden. They are very good products for the average person , and with these two products there is NO reason for anybody to drive a dirty car, they are that easy.

Mr. Clean
09-05-2011, 10:31 AM
A good buddy of mine uses it on his late model Tacoma. His truck looks very nice and it beads water like crazy. I must admit that I was a bit taken aback when he first told me what he was using.

As already noted above I`ll bet if you use it as a touch up frequently then it will likely perform as well as many (all?) of the better known spray wax products.

Mr. Gloss
09-07-2011, 06:31 AM
OFF TOPIC

I found some Eagle One Spray and Gloss at Big Lots yesterday. For $2 I`m going to try it.

Flannigan
09-07-2011, 07:03 AM

Optimum Car Wax and Werkstat AJT offer the same, if not more, protection than many traditional paste waxes. Not all spray waxes are just for maintaining anymore.

Mr. Gloss
09-07-2011, 09:03 AM
Optimum Car Wax and Werkstat AJT offer the same, if not more, protection than many traditional paste waxes. Not all spray waxes are just for maintaining anymore.

That should hold true of any product that is 2x or 3x the price of another spray wax. However, I think the OP was asking about an inexpensive, OTC in- between-detail spray wax.

Flannigan
09-07-2011, 09:14 AM

That should hold true of any product that is 2x or 3x the price of another spray wax. However, I think the OP was asking about an inexpensive, OTC in- between-detail spray wax.
I understand what the OP was asking, I was just making sure that people knew that there are spray waxes out there with great durability, and they can be used for more than just "touch ups" between waxings.

NJ MINI
09-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I`ve found that it leaves a rather dull finish and doesn`t last terribly long. I just use it for waxing wheels to help keep the brake dust at bay.

Mr. Clean
09-08-2011, 08:36 PM
I`ve found that it leaves a rather dull finish and doesn`t last terribly long. I just use it for waxing wheels to help keep the brake dust at bay.
Can`t speak to the longevity issue as my friend seems to use it with some regularity, but I can assure you that the resulting finish is anything but dull.

mrclean81
09-08-2011, 09:18 PM
I think Im going to pick up another bottle of this and give it another shot this weekend. I feel like I didnt give it the fair stab that it might deserve, and for the price and availability of it I feel like its worth it.

black bart
09-09-2011, 04:05 AM
You guy`s can have the ICE I will stick to DG-AW
Just as easy to use and lasts many times longer.