PDA

View Full Version : PwC and Natty`s, no EX/-P?

EP3
04-18-2004, 03:58 PM
It seems that all the PB combos that I`ve seen involve EX or EX-P before topping with Natty`s. Has anyone tried PwC topped with Natty`s, cutting out the EX or EX-P step? Just wondering what the difference in look might be, if any.

Woob
04-18-2004, 04:24 PM
I`ve seen Nick`s insanely nice detail on that silver 360 Ferrari with just SSR1. Boy did that car shine and sparkle. Ferrari paints are amazing! :D

Poorboy
04-18-2004, 04:35 PM
EP3..funny you ask because that is what Natty was doing on his red truck before he sold it ..PwC then Natty`s ....he loved the ease of use and lack of maintenence needed...he too is playing with EX-P on his new mazda6...

EP3
04-18-2004, 05:45 PM
Will PwC then Natty`s achieve similar results when compared to PwC-EX-P-Natty`s? I usually wax my car every 2-3 weeks, and I`m not sure I see the need for using a sealant in between. Is it the sealant that creates a clear, reflective finish, or is a sealant`s main purpose durability?

Poorboy
04-18-2004, 06:01 PM
wax is a sealant and Natty`s is about the clearest wax you`ll ever use...you can definitely skip the middle step of EX/EX-P and still get a warm glow with clarity...for the winter time you might want to reconsider the extra step:D

EP3
04-18-2004, 06:06 PM
Hey Steve, should I still consider that extra step if I don`t mind waxing when it`s snowing out? :lmfao

Poorboy
04-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Joey I`m not touching that one:nono :rofl

Nickc0844
04-18-2004, 10:22 PM
Thanks Woob for the compliment.

STL, nice avatar to start!

I detailed an 03` Ferrari Modena, same as your pic, that was silver and used only SSR1, then Natty`s. For one, I know I`ll be there once a month, or every other month, so durability really isn`t an issue.

As for winter, all my cars got sealant on them, with Spring cleaning here, I`ll probably stick to strictly carnauba.

Poorboy
04-18-2004, 10:24 PM
hey nick how did you get your avatar to change pics?

awd330
04-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by EP3
Will PwC then Natty`s achieve similar results when compared to PwC-EX-P-Natty`s? I usually wax my car every 2-3 weeks, and I`m not sure I see the need for using a sealant in between. Is it the sealant that creates a clear, reflective finish, or is a sealant`s main purpose durability?
I used the PwC with Natty`s combo for most of this past Autumn and Winter seasons. I tried to apply a coat of wax every 1-2 months (weather permitting). The combo held up very well for my garaged cars.

When using EX or EX-P with Natty`s, there are slight differences in appearance. EX reduces the clarity of Natty`s. The look is a bit darker with more warmth, but I personally preferred the results without EX in between on lighter colors. On darker colors, I liked the PwC with EX combo, and skipped the Natty`s topper.

On the other hand, EX-P is just as clear and bright as Natty`s. I don`t think that EX-P influences the look of Natty`s as much as Natty`s influences the look of EX-P. EX-P has a tendency to magnify any paint imperfections. Adding a Natty`s topper can mask some of the marring without compromising the clarity or reflectiveness. If you have the ability to wax every 2-3 weeks, or your car is always garaged, then you can probably go from PwC to Natty`s and skip the EX-P. The look will be similar, but you will have saved some time and effort.

JimS
04-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I`ve been using PP then Ex-P. If Natty`s is that clear maybe I`ll go with PP then Natty`s next time.

groebuck
04-19-2004, 08:40 AM
Hey PB- you need to create an animated gif out of .gif pictures then use it as your avitar - there is freeware that will do it for you -

re- natty`s, ex, ex-p and PwC

First off any combo of Steve`s stuff is awesome :) (obilgitory butt kiss) .-

Since you said you like to wax your car every 2-3 weeks then PwC and Natty`s is great for you - adding in EX or EX-P will add a layer of durability as a synthetic lasts longer than a carnuba but since you like to do it every 2-3 weeks then it`s probably not necessary (unless...your looking for the ulitmate bling bling - :) ).