PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake and Hurricane

Pages : [1] 2

Old Pirate
08-23-2011, 10:08 PM
To all our forum members who live near the earthquake, hope everything is OK by you and family is OK from it. Also the ones on the east coast be careful of Hurricane Irene because you never know if it will turn and hit land before your eyes. Just remember Charley that turn so fast it told alot of folks by surprise in the West Coast of Florida, Be safe everyone!

glfahlc
08-24-2011, 07:29 AM
thanks zoom, everyone here is safe and sound and didn`t notice any cracks in the house. strange experience though

Bunky
08-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Irene`s projected path has not changed much in the last 24 hrs so I expect plenty of rain this weekend unless it moves much further east.

Mr. Gloss
08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Let`s not forget our friends in Colorado and New Mexico. They experienced a damaging quake hours before the east coast.

ca.detailchick
08-24-2011, 04:53 PM
To all our forum members who live near the earthquake, hope everything is OK by you and family is OK from it. Also the ones on the east coast be careful of Hurricane Irene because you never know if it will turn and hit land before your eyes. Just remember Charley that turn so fast it told alot of folks by surprise in the West Coast of Florida, Be safe everyone!
Earthquakes !As long as noone gets hurt I think they are exciting!:)

Hurricanes are what frightens me , we never have them here !
I hope everyone is safe too!

juliom2
08-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Tell me about it........>!! Its been raining and flooding everywhere in Puerto Rico....
We were blessed that it didn`t hit us as a cat3 hurricane......

Bunky
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
The hurricane`s path has moved westward slightly so back over the Outer Banks. The governor has issued a state of emergency for all counties east of I-95 to initiate the evacuation.

Iomcamaro
08-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Oh man. May God be with everyone and their families.

Bunky
08-26-2011, 03:58 PM
The predicted course is getting more definitive per the forecasters -- looks like they will need to rebuild many houses in the Outer Banks (again).

Pats300zx
08-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Just got back from the beach and getting everything ready. We had a mandatory evac and had to be out by 9am tomorrow. Hope to get back down on Sunday to see the damage.

Bunky
08-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Be safe. It looks like it will do a number up the entire east coast.

chaboy
08-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks, Im in Rehoboth Beach, DE and we are in state of emergency. A lot of the gas stations here ran out of gas because of the evacuations. Pretty dead here but I caught some sweet waves today.

Hectic week here first with the earthquake and now this, but I love storms so its cool seeing all the national weather people here in my little state.

Iomcamaro
08-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Lets keep this thread updated so everyone knows how others are doing. :bigups:

Iomcamaro
08-27-2011, 03:20 PM
How is everyone holding up from the hurricane? Any updates?

BobbyG
08-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, it`s not here yet but everything I`ve read and watched has it heading right at me. From what I can tell it should be stopping by tomorrow mid morning and throughout the afternoon..

Keep your power dry!

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/500/Irene.jpg (http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1876)