PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire with Pinnacle

kbmag1
08-21-2011, 11:08 AM
My question is, 1.How would Pinnacle Souveran look over BFWD Sealant? (I currently have this sealant and wax). Also on my other car I have Wolfgang DGPS with Collinite 845 on it. 2.Would adding Souveran on top add anything extra?

JSFM35X
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
I like straight sealant. Crystal clear optical reflections. If you top with any Nuba you loose the ability to add durability by adding more sealant later as it will not stick to a Nuba.

Nth Degree
08-21-2011, 12:58 PM
Nobody can tell you with any certainty how it will look when layering products. Everyone has their preferences. Try it on a small section, like 1/4 or 1/2 of the hood and see if you like it better. If yes, keep going. If not, wipe with IPA and start over. Then report back and let us know.

BobbyG
08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
If I has to use one word I`d say Great!

BlackFire sealant is a very nice product. When applied correctly to a freshly polished finish it`ll leave it gorgeously shinny and protected. Pinnacle Souveran is a fine carnauba paste wax and once the sealant`s cured can be applied over it for an outstanding combination..

Old Pirate
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Sealant = Sharp razor look and shine.
Wax = Warm sharp look and shine.

Both work very well together, so if you want to use BFWD then use 2 thin coats and then top it off with Pinnacle, just wait at least 24hrs before topping Pinnacle.

Iomcamaro
08-21-2011, 11:40 PM
I say try it for yourself and see what you like. I love DP Max Wax topped over Powerlock. :bigups:

Mr. Gloss
08-22-2011, 06:40 AM
I have used a few waxes over BFWD, including Midnight Sun. All of them have muted the brilliant gloss of BFWD. I prefer a naked BFWD look on my black car.