PDA

View Full Version : any fairly decent spray on wax out there ?

Pages : [1] 2 3

tropicsteve
08-18-2011, 08:26 AM
i`m not really a proponet of spray on waxes, but do have friends asking if i can advise of a decent one that lasts longer than a few days, mainly to help extend recent details. if i use anything, i like the spray on sealants as a quick detail. any advice ?

Pats300zx
08-18-2011, 08:30 AM
These are several of my favorites

OCW
DG Aqua Wax
Prima Hydro

All are great.

TroyScherer
08-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Optimum Car Wax for Sure. Up to 3 Month in claimed durability. So easy to use I use it once a month.

Flannigan
08-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger is hands down the best spray wax out there IMO. With two coats it has lasted 5+ months on cars I have detailed. It`s super easy to work with, fairly priced, and gives an awesome look. I think everyone should give this product a try at some point. You won`t be disappointed!

Mr. Gloss
08-18-2011, 09:29 AM
My favorites are:

Primo Hydro
Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray

For something OTC I like Lucas Speed Wax. Does a nice job and maintains between washes.

Edit: Warning. You will have to buff the BF Deep Gloss Spray. It`s leaves a film (which isn`t a bad thing) if you just wipe over it. I always do a final wipe of the entire car after it`s applied.

Pats300zx
08-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger is hands down the best spray wax out there IMO. With two coats it has lasted 5+ months on cars I have detailed. It`s super easy to work with, fairly priced, and gives an awesome look. I think everyone should give this product a try at some point. You won`t be disappointed!

I agree 100%. I used this on my white 4Runner and was totally surprised at the durability. :rockon

Larry A
08-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Megs Ultimate spray wax, Mothers spray wax , DG Aquawax , Perfect Detail ,there are many out their, even Eagle One Nano Spray and Turtle Wax Ice synt. spray wax are good. Blacy Magic is bad.

Iomcamaro
08-18-2011, 10:34 AM
DG Aquawax or Meguiar`s Ultimate Quik Wax

Todd@RUPES
08-18-2011, 12:36 PM
As noted earlier, Blackfire Deep Gloss is a true spray sealant, so it does require additional buffing. The benefit is a long lasting (for a spray sealant) hi-gloss finish.

I really like Optimum Spray Wax for a more carnauba based wax. It has good durability and if you use it monthly you paint will always look great.

Lot`s of great options and no wrong answers, just personal preference.

NJ MINI
08-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Pinnacle spray wax.

Old Pirate
08-18-2011, 02:56 PM
With so many spray waxes out there, I haven`t got to try all of them yet. but my favorite spray sealant is the Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray. These wax ones I like using also on my wife`s car and customers also. Jeff Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger, Sonus Carnauba Spritz, Poorboy’s World Quick Wax, Meguiar`s Final Inspection #34, Blackfire Spray Wax in a can ( one of the best around!) and Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray which I got some just recent and been using it on the wife`s car and like very much in terms of buffing it off and shine /w protection it has.

PA DETAILER
08-18-2011, 03:53 PM
the best spray sealant i ran across is wolfgangs deep gloss spray sealant. no hazing or buffing. just spray and wipe off. leaves a fantastic finish. a true spray sealant.

dodo juice TRMD is way up there too. more of a sealant.

DP final gloss detailer is a great product too. contains carnuba.

i dont really mess with spray waxes, but aqua wax i have, and its one of the best.

http://www.autopia-carcare.com/wolfgang-spritz-sealant.html

tropicsteve
08-18-2011, 07:15 PM
thanks everyone for the replies. lots of good info. and new stuff to try !

Tampasteve
08-19-2011, 07:24 AM
+1 on the Blackfire. But as Todd said its a personal thing, But the BF spray compliments the BF Wet Diamond sealanr, Looks and last awhile,,,,Steve

max080
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
If I don`t feel like buffing I`ll grab the DG Aquawax. If I feel like spending a little extra time I`ll go for the Poorboy`s QW+, that`s some good stuff right there.