PDA

View Full Version : Carpet

Cam07
04-17-2004, 10:04 PM
I`ve seen pictures of interiors that have the lines on the carpet. I think that looks awesome. Do you have to shampoo the carpet then do the lines w/ the vacuum? Can you just do it w/ the vacuum w/o shampooing?
You can barely see it, but like the carpet in the SL500(Great Job Nickc0844).
Example (http://www.detailcity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3346&perpage=25&pagenumber=2)

Thanks

groebuck
04-17-2004, 11:58 PM
You get those from an extractor I think (like a carpet shampooer) when it pulls the water from the carpet - I guess you would get the same thing from a vacuum if the carpet was damp.

bigron62
04-18-2004, 12:49 AM
i dont know how he does it but it looks real sharp . maybe he will will tell us his secret

Beemerboy
04-18-2004, 10:01 AM
That`s what I call the Clean Dean look:lmfao

That`s where I first saw it and I do it all the time now. You have to use an extractor. I go over the carpet to get clean then, go back over the last time at an angle. Push up one direction then pull back the other way. I always clean the mats this way and the customers love it!!

Beemerboy
04-18-2004, 10:02 AM
One last thing you can also get the same look by using a brush after cleaning while the rugs are some what wet!

GraniteState
04-18-2004, 10:23 AM
I have done this for years and yes you can get the results by using the extractor, a vacuum ( if the carpet is damp ) and using a brush.

I agree it gives that added touch to the carpet and customers do notice it and love it..

Nickc0844
04-18-2004, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the compliment!

My DC buddies handled it, but I did it with my extractor. I do it after my final "sucking" action, and as Dave said, just go up and down which pulls the fibers either way. I`m sure you could do it with a spray bottle full of water and a stiff bristle brush.

Really gives a touch of class on a detail!

jimmybuffit
04-19-2004, 09:50 PM
I had a MB SL500 in recently. Owner bought it at auction, said it only needed exterior, because the interior had been done. Luckily, I had a 600 in the shop, ready to go, and I showed him that his carpet did not look even remotely the same...

Those strokes are your signature.

Without them...

Jim