PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire

Parrothead
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Can anyone point me to the article that was posted in TID that outlined the steps and products for use in the Blackfire Wet Diamond system? Looking for steps from claying to final Carnuba wax application.

BobbyG
08-10-2011, 01:55 PM
I can`t point you to the article but when I`ve used BlackFire Wet Diamond Sealant and BlackFire Midnight Sun I properly prepare the surface; wash, strip, clay, and polish, then apply the sealant with my Porter Cable 7424 and a red foam pad.

Once the product hazes I`ll buff it off and wait until the next day to apply BlackFire Midnight Sun.

BlackFire Midnight Sun is a nice wipe on wipe off wax that`s easy to use and to wipe off and buff..

Old Pirate
08-10-2011, 08:32 PM
I keep trying to find it for you, but here`s a started one for your review.

First of all, We thank you for trying Blackfire!
Your ride needs a 2 bucket method wash first and also remember to Clay your ride, whenever you feel any bonded contamination starting to stick to the paint. Periodically after washing your car just gently feel the paint with your hand in a plastic baggy. If you notice any type of bumps or texture it is time to clay your vehicle. Remember any time you clay an area on a vehicle you should reapply the sealant and wax. As far as the Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax, remember that Blackfire system is designed to work together, and the wax is actually providing a barrier for the BFWD sealant. Giving how easy Blackfire Midnight Sun is to use, it shouldn`t take you more 35 minutes to do it. I recommend reapply BFWD at least every six months ( 2 thin coats) and letting it cured for 24 hrs and then top it with Blackfire Midnight Carnauba Paste Wax.

Remember to get the Blackfire Deep Gloss Spray Sealant and use it after washes to maintain the finish.

Remember that if you need to compound or polish then do so before any Sealant is put on.

Todd@RUPES
08-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Can anyone point me to the article that was posted in TID that outlined the steps and products for use in the Blackfire Wet Diamond system? Looking for steps from claying to final Carnuba wax application.

I thought I had a post similar to that and couldn`t find it. I will be working on several how to articles that cover this in detail, from washing to final waxing.

A brief overview is to wash the car carefully and remove all loose soiling.

Feel the paint with your hand. If it feels rough or textured then clay to remove.

Next inspect the car in the direct sunlight or with a bright inspection light. If you see damage or scratches you want to polish. Start with Blackfire Finishing Poilsh, a white pad, and a random orbital polisher. If this doesn`t work use a Blckfire SCR Compound with an orange pad, then go over the paint again with the finishing pad/white.

Next use Gloss Enhancing polish by hand or with a red pad to cleanse the paint of all polishing oils and prime it for Wet Diamond All Paint Protection. Apply this with a gold pad and let haze, then wipe off.

Lastly you apply the Midnight Sun Carnauba wax, a section at a time, and wipe it off while its still wet.

I know this is a brief run down. I will begin publishing articles on the Blackfire care cycle when time permits. Also you can always PM me or I could shoot you my cell phone if you have any direct questions.