PDA

View Full Version : White Suby Outback - What to do?

DETAILKING
04-04-2002, 10:20 PM
REDCARGUY and BW are both instant messaging me because they can not get on the forum, it comes up as not found. I had this problem at work today, but at home I can get on fine. We were all using the www.autopia-carport.com link.

Any advice?

Jngrbrdman
04-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Try this link... http://216.147.22.29/forum/index.php (`http://216.147.22.29/forum/index.php`) Its the one David sent me when I was having the same problem.

Lemonxxs
04-05-2002, 02:30 PM
Domain name erros from some ISPs.

Use the link Ginger stated it is the direct name and works for me.

imported_Dude
04-05-2002, 03:37 PM
I couldn`t get on from work during the past two days, either. Everything is OK today, though! Whoo-ha!

whiteob
08-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Have pearl white, 2011 Subaru Outback.

My first step was a wash with Dawn. I used Zaino claybar. I applied three coats of Z5 and Z2 as in directions. Have now put several additional coats of Z5, and Z2 on it. The car seems to be getting a bit better shine, but I am finding swirls that I did not see before. May I please ask for your help?
First, I`m not sure if I will ever have the shine/luster high enough - deep
enough, and this isssue alone is taking on a life of its own. What product
do you suggest for bringing out the ultimate potential for this color car? And, secondly, what do I use, and how do I use it, to correct the swirls
without killing my long hours of work?

I have never worked on a car as I am doing with this one. It started as a one day project, immediately evolved into an obsession, and is now my full-time vision without beginning, or end. What to do? After all, a man can only hand polish a new car for so many years! I`ve even been thinking about Zen Meditation - wax on, wax off. I doubt the Buddha gave that one much thought.

My budget is limited, my life is flashing before my microfiber towel, and my
wife has mentioned that maybe I should consider sleeping in the car, being I
spend more time with it than with her. Of course, she knows that can`t
work; my home theater will never fit in that car, even with a long extension
cord, and she knows all too well that I`m scared to death about spilling
food on the leather seats. Sarcasm has never been one of her strong points.

Please help me with the car, and just maybe, heaven will help me with domestic life.

Thanks again,

Bill

ca.detailchick
08-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Are you still around Bill?

With a pearl white you will never get the depth and shine like you would a darker color. Its a mixed blessing because the pearl will also mask defects .

If you want to get rid of the swirls you are probably going to have to polish and wipe out any protection you have and start all over .

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the zaino line will chime in .

Dont let this become an obsession and wreck your marriage!

holland_patrick
08-19-2011, 03:58 PM
depending on how bad it was treated at the stealership you might need a polishing prior to your Zanio....

Old Pirate
08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
You might want to start over again. try washing again and use your clay bar to remove all of the sealant that`s on it. Once you remove all your sealant that you apply, then inspect the finish for swirls and with all cars it should have some on the paint. One question...do you have a polisher? if not you might want to invest in one to maintain your family car/cars and to remove the swirls it has on it. Once you remove them, then you can apply your sealant on the paint and have a better looking finish. Our " How to Section (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html)" has everything you need to know and also posting any questions after you had time to look over this section. BTW :welcome:

glfahlc
08-20-2011, 11:20 AM
my wife and daughter told me the same thing,"daddy you becoming obsessive". but when you can show them the difference they now have an appreciation for swirl free paint and all the compliments they get driving they`re cars. but the first thing you need to invest in is a da machine.. then the sky is the limit... have fun

ca.detailchick
08-20-2011, 09:51 PM
If your guys wives and kids are complaining you dont spend time with them ,ask them for their help. Then you get a helper too :D

BIOLINK
08-22-2011, 06:33 AM
Wife and kids? What are those? :D

To the OP: With a limited budget and a family demanding time, consider using an AIO that is easier to use. I get great "boutique" results with M20 or Klasse without spending a fortune and they are both quick and easy to use. On white you can`t screw either one of them up.

rwright
08-22-2011, 02:23 PM
In my experience with Subaru paint, I highly recommend picking up a DA such as Meguiar`s G110V2 or Griot`s Garage 6" ROP, a pack of Meguiar`s 5" micro fiber cutting discs, an 8oz bottle of D300 micro fiber compound, a couple 5.5" white polishing pads or 5.5" low profile tangerine hydro tech pads, and an 8oz bottle of Meguiar`s M205. Once you polish the paint to perfection, apply your Z2 and call it a day.

Here are a couple shots of a 2008 WRX Sti that I polished with D300/mf cutting disc only, although I did apply the finishing wax (D301) with no additional gloss:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/500/medium/wrx1.JPG

http://www.autopiaforums.com/gallery/data/500/medium/wrx2.JPG