PDA

View Full Version : Any Public Annoucement ?

imported_Intel486
04-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Has anyone used Meguiars #9 with a Black finishing pad from Lake Country (using a rotary buffer. One of their rotary pads, not a little PC pad) ? I tried 3m SMR with a black finishing pad from Lake Country and it didn`t break down the abrasives enough, which left major swirling that I had to take out with Meguiar`s #9. I was just wondering if I could get away with using Meguiars #9 on a black finishing pad with a rotary? Right now I`m using a yellow pad which has a decent amount of cutting action.

Does anyone know of an abrasive that is finer than Meguiar`s #9 but not as fine as Klasse AIO. Like an in between polish?

What products (besides Klasse AIO, PPCL, and Waxes) do you think can be used with a black finishing pad from Lake country? This pad has pretty much NO cutting action at all.

Sharkie
04-03-2002, 09:24 PM
I just ordered a set of 3 polihses from Griot’s http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1004&SKU=11163 (`http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1004&SKU=11163`) . I’m looking for something very fine with no fillers or oils that will be a good final prep for Z, K, BF or carnauba. Bjwebster said that the #3 was super fine and that’s what I want.

SJS

Scottwax
04-04-2002, 06:25 PM
You might want to call Meguiars at (800) 347-5700 and ask what pad they recommend for use with #9.

BradE
04-04-2002, 08:46 PM
For 3M polishes to work properly you need to use a pad with a little "bite" to it. A finishing pad intended for applying sealants is not going to be stiff enough to aid in the break down of the type of abrasives 3M uses, which is why you got swirls from it. I find that SMR used with a 3M waffle polishing pad works good for removing micro-marring and very fine swirls and if applied properly will leave no haze.

pingable
07-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I`ve browsed a couple here and there and was hoping to catch a farewell public announcement of some sorts...

I`ve purchased from PAC for years, even have spoken with Terry a couple times back 10 years ago when I was using quite a bit of EF products.

Would love to see a public announcement from someover over at PAC, for some closure on a company who I`ve supported quite a bit and out of the blue, closes it`s doors.

Nth Degree
07-25-2011, 01:16 PM
Have not seen any formal announcements. At this point it would probably have to come from Jack himself, as I know Angelo and Todd have moved on to other endeavors and are now active on another forum. I don`t know if either of them will stay active on this forum as well. I would love to see TID continue, as it has always been my favorite, but without some of the big dogs around to offer advice I fear it may lack the quality it once offered. The thread about this forum suffering a slow death may be true.Boo Hoo:(

imported_JSFM35X
07-25-2011, 02:53 PM
This has been my favorite on line forum as well. I would like to see it live on

imported_Mr. Gloss
07-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I think the last breath is near. A forum with a thin crowd isn`t worth the effort. Is it?

I`ve noticed most have moved on to that "other" place to smell the roses (or Blackfire) over there.

imported_JSFM35X
07-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Hell NO I wont go!

I love this place-lets get the AED and get this thing revived.