PDA

View Full Version : Boat detailing/cleaning

Pages : [1] 2

colinc
04-03-2002, 02:28 AM
I got some meguiars overspray clay for free from a friend and was wondering if it is safe to use as normal clay (like the Mother`s clay bar)? I have quite a bit and I ran out of normal Mother`s clay, so I`m hoping i can use the overspray clay as a normal contaminant removal clay.

Thanks.

Jngrbrdman
04-03-2002, 02:39 AM
I wasn`t aware that Meguiar`s made a clay specificly for overspray. Clay is pretty useful and I`ve always thought that overspray removal was just part of what it was designed to do. I would imagine that you could use it just like normal clay.

If you haven`t used Meguiar`s clay before then I shoud tell you that it isn`t reviewed to be at the same level that Mother`s is at. Meguiar`s clay tends to streak a little more and sometimes it gets a little crumbly. I like Mother`s way better. You should be able to use the Meguiar`s clay the same way you use Mother`s though. Let us know what your impressions are of the clay.

kreativ
04-03-2002, 04:30 AM
So is Mother`s clay the best you can get at your usual auto parts stores (Kragen, PepBoys)? I want to be able to pick it up locally.

DaGonz
04-03-2002, 08:58 AM
I have used Meguiar`s Professional line overspray clay...<strong class=`bbc`>it is not user friendly [/b]...it`s worse than their quick clay system!

No wonder he gave it to you for free! :rolleyes:

Lemonxxs
04-03-2002, 09:57 AM
Clay Magic is another brand found locally at autozones.

G Money
04-03-2002, 10:01 AM
The Mothers bars around here are always sold in kits with detailing spray and cleaner wax, which I do not want.

Preachers Sheets
04-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Yeap, all of the Mother clay bars around here are in kits for 18.00 as well, stinks.

Wish we could get a group buy going on or something.

Jngrbrdman
04-03-2002, 02:25 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Yeap, all of the Mother clay bars around here are in kits for 18.00 as well, stinks.

Wish we could get a group buy going on or something. [/b]</blockquote>
Hmmmmmmm....... <rubs chin> That would be a good idea.

vettefan67
04-03-2002, 03:16 PM
I contacted Clay Magic some time ago and got the impression they would only deal with businesses.

What`s the easiest way to be eligible to buy things wholesale as a business?

imported_capspackle
04-03-2002, 03:42 PM
Why not do a group buy of Pinnacle Poly Clay.. I tried it out, and it is EXCELLENT.. no complaints..

Jngrbrdman
04-03-2002, 03:48 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PathfinderGuy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Why not do a group buy of Pinnacle Poly Clay.. I tried it out, and it is EXCELLENT.. no complaints.. [/b]</blockquote>
That would be my first choice too. However, as I have learned, Pinnacle isn`t always "group by friendly". Sort of like Zaino (my second choice). I guess they just want to have control over who sells it so that nobody gives the company a bad name. I can understand that I guess. My guess is that a poly clay GB will happen about the same time a Zaino one does. Around the 12th of never. :p

Preachers Sheets
04-03-2002, 03:49 PM
I`m willing to do it, depending on the life of a clay bar when it is not used I would be willing to purchase 3 to 5 bars myself.... just keep me updated if anything may happen, thanks.

amgtorre
04-03-2002, 06:19 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PathfinderGuy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Pinnacle Poly Clay.. I tried it out, and it is EXCELLENT.. no complaints.. [/b]</blockquote> I second that, one of those things that worked out great on the first try

john.andrew
07-23-2011, 09:07 AM
If anyone knows of good, reputable detailer on the Detroit (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit), I am all ears. Boat is in Cotuit. 18 ft Whaler Dauntless. Not a huge job but she needs some spiffing up. Thanks

imported_Custom Detail
07-23-2011, 12:13 PM
So far I`ve seen this guy spaming 4 forums now