PDA

View Full Version : Good bye and thank you for EVERYTHING!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sharkie
03-30-2002, 09:21 PM
Thinking about placing a Zaino order on Monday. I want the complete system for the paint, not looking for clay, tire gloss etc. right now. Here’s what I plan on getting please let me know if I’m missing anything critical: ZFX, Z2, Z5, Z6 & Z7.

The first day I plan on mixing a batch of Z5 with the ZFX and follow with Z2 (no ZFX), then another coat of Z2 the next day. Is that the right way to go about it if I want to just to 2 coats in 1 day?

TIA Zaino gurus :bow

SJS

MikeLS
03-30-2002, 09:30 PM
Yep, that order covers all the essentials. I don`t think you`ll have a problem using ZFX/Z5 for your first coat then Z2 as a final coat on Day 1. Wait 24 hours (depending on temp), then apply the other final Z2 coat. Don`t forget the Z6 in between coats!

This is assuming you have done a proper prep for the Zaino to bond properly...

:cool:

Sharkie
03-30-2002, 09:45 PM
You brought up another issue that I was going to ask about later but might as well bring it up now. I have two cars that were recently prepped one is Blackfired the other is Klasse’fied. Not sure which is going to get the Zaino. What is the best, most gentle way to strip either sealant? Would Dawn be enough? I’ve heard a 50/50 solution of isopropyl alcohol and water mentioned in the past as well, is this still thought to be ok? I’d really don’t want to use a polish again so soon, as the surface seems to be in excellent shape

imported_killerjg
03-30-2002, 10:52 PM
I used Dawn for my car that had Klasse on it.

1. Dawn wash

2. Mothers Clay

3. Z7 washed

Zfx`d away.

JimO
03-31-2002, 12:35 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SJ Sharkie [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I have two cars that were recently prepped one is Blackfired the other is Klasse’fied. Not sure which is going to get the Zaino. What is the best, most gentle way to strip either sealant? Would Dawn be enough?[/b]</blockquote>
The Blackfire car is easy, just use Dawn and Blackfire will be washed away. I had Blackfire on 2 cars and a simple Dawn wash was all it took. I know have Zaino and Klasse on each car.

jps
03-31-2002, 12:50 AM
SJ - I`d order at least (2) Z6 since you use it up faster than the rest.

vettefan67
03-31-2002, 02:12 AM
A (actually, 2) Dawn wash did <strong class=`bbc`>not[/b] remove my Klasse! I had AIO + 3 * SG on the car and let raw dawn sit on it for a few mins and it didn`t strip it! I used IPA.

I am told that very warm water will help Dawn strip Klasse but only do this on a warm day so that you do not stress your paint with rapid thermal expansion.

MikeLS
03-31-2002, 10:55 AM
I agree with olivher on BF. A DAWN wash alone will probably remove all the BF.

For Klasse, I`d mix up a strong Alcohol + Dawn mix and let it soak in thoroughly then rinse.

Todd@RUPES
07-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Truth In Detailing has been my cyber-home for the last two years and it was the first `victim` I thought of when I learned the doors at Proper Auto Care would be closing. When I reference Truth In Detailing and the forementioned victims I am not referring to a some rented disk space on some computer in some far away land accessed by an URL... I am referring to the members of this community who have made it such a unique and helpful forum. Truth In Detailing was never, and will likely never, be the largest or grandest forum related to detailing, nor did it ever rely on hi jinx or drama to drive up membership. Instead it was on the richest, most dense sources of detailing related information on the internet. It was (and hopefully will continue to be) a place for people to increase there detailing knowledge, whether the beginner who is not sure what a two bucket method is, or the experienced pro more interested in how a particular solvent will affect a polymer cross linking. Thank you to the forum members who made this humble community so unique.

The second victims I thought of were the customers of Proper Auto Care. As it has been documented Proper Auto Care has been in business in for over 20 years and had built a reputation based on customer service. Many of you have expressed your gratitude and thanks to employees or former employees of Proper Auto Care including myself and it is appreciated. To think in this age of huge business and impersonal `screen names` a small business of no more than eight employees could have have such a huge impact while maintaining a personal feel is amazing. While not ever possible it was always the goal to treat every customer with the same care we would expect if we walked into a mom and pop corner store. I am saddened more by the prospect that Proper Auto Care and the humble style of business it had built its reputation on will no longer exist than I am upset that I no longer have a job.

The employees of Proper Auto Care are obviously victims of a terrible economy and several unseen circumstances that piled up into a literal perfect storm. The dedication to customer service and drive to maintain integrity are two lessons that will guide me for the rest of my life. I understand that the business closing has had several effects and in combination with a server crash of epic proportions, have tarnished the sterling reputation Proper Auto Care has long enjoyed. The attitude and commitment that has the been the historic `North Star` of PAC still burns bright, only it has been crippled by circumstance. Until the last light flickers out I believe that the remaining employees of Proper Auto Care will continue to fight the good fight for customer service and hope that each and every issue with the sudden closing is resolved.

Thank you to each and everybody who has been part of this community, has ordered from this company, or show your support through phone, email, or text. For the employees of PAC a new chapter will open, perhaps in a novel with more opportunity. For me a new and exciting chapter of my life is going to begin. And while an unknown future is always unsettling, it is the journey that defines the destination!

Best wishes

Todd

imported_detailchick
07-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I think I want to cry :(

Im all choked up for words! Youve been so great to stick around Todd and help us all out ,A very big Thankyou and good luck to you!!!:)DC

Nth Degree
07-05-2011, 08:40 PM
Thank you again, Todd and everyone else at PAC.

I am glad you posted that. I posted in other threads about a leaking package I received. Normally I would simply call the company, but under the circumstances that was not effective. I must say I was still impressed at how quickly Angelo got back to me. He apologized for the problem (though it was not really PAC`s fault) and told me it would be taken care of. While I have not yet seen the corrective measures, I trust that I will because that is the service I have always experienced from them.

I am sad to see PAC go but glad to see them go out with some class. I wish you all the best of luck and on behalf of all of us... "THANK YOU!":Car smiley:

BIOLINK
07-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Todd I remember meeting you on another forum where you treated me the same way PAC has over the years. It is no wonder they chose you to help advise their detailing efforts. Thank you for your contributions. I will miss having a trusted place to buy and inquire. Unfortunately, there are casualties in the stories of the employees who just like you served PAC the best they could. Best of luck to you. For me, this buying of gear now becomes corporate; the family element is gone. I will miss PAC.

God Bless you all.

imported_Mr. Gloss
07-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Todd,

Best wishes in all that you do and thank you for your devoted contributions to automobile detailing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_yprN_-w&feature=related

J504
07-05-2011, 09:01 PM
It`s really hard to see PAC go away. This forum got me into detailing not too long ago and I got my my first detailing kit, the "Kevin Brown" kit, here at PAC. Ever since then, I`ve been addicted to learning more information on detailing. Thanks for everything and I hope you will still be around Todd. Your post were always informative and very helpful.

Jeff U
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for all you have contributed to the forum. You have been a wonderful source of solid, dependable information.

But "good bye" ...

"Good bye" as in you are no longer in any "official" position at TID ?

Or, "good bye" as in you are disappearing into the mist, never to be heard from again ?