PDA

View Full Version : Patience Everyone

Pages : [1] 2

imported_jgh1987
03-29-2002, 11:46 PM
Any suggestions on removing the stick-on vinyl "bumpers" or "bump-ons" as they are sometimes called--the little round vinyl buttons used to protect the hood or fenders from bug deflectors, etc. How easy are they to remove, and what are the paint consequences? :nixweiss

Thanks!

atravis149
03-30-2002, 12:16 AM
I remove them from my cars once a year and replace them. Generally they will "knock" off fairly easily. I usually can coax one edge up and then peel them off. If they are stubborn, I will put a drop of adhesive remover at base of bump-on and let it soften up the adhesive for maybe 30 seconds. At this point, you should be able to get an edge to lift and peel it all the way off.

Then clean the remaining adhesive off the paint (3M Adhesive Remover works great).

I have never had any problems with the paint. Once the area is clean go ahead and prep the paint like the rest of the car.

Old Pirate
06-30-2011, 05:48 PM
My apologies to everyone in the Truth In Detailing Forum and the rest of the detailing world that I haven`t been on the forum lately. It`s been a rough time for myself ( brother had a heart attack, sister just had an another operation for cancer ) and the closing of CMA. Please be patience because with very few of us and also our servers not just crash, but they got cook up by that storm. I don`t even have a computer to see what`s been going on here and with so many orders coming in, the system is slow in processing them ( manually ). I myself have been working in the warehouse pulling, packing and shipping orders out ASAP. Also to let you all know our system won`t send out emails with tracking numbers from UPS because what happen. I have seen some of your orders come thru and pulled them myself and have them ship out to you all. I have already called or PM a few of you and will try my best to get all the order`s out, as long I`m at CMA. Remember you all all the best around and I`m proud to serve you all here at CMA. I would like to thank you all for your support that was given to me on TID and also to the TID community.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/images-1.jpg

Angelo aka zoomzoom mazda5

David Fermani
06-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Good job on giving an update Angelo. Hang in there good buddy. Hopefully this will settle people down a few notches.

Cooter
06-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks for all your help Angelo!!!

Harleyguy
06-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for the update Angelo I know everything will work out for you .Need anything don`t hesitate to call me

Trouble
06-30-2011, 05:56 PM
Sorry to hear of all these misfortunes Angelo. All I can offer is prayers and an ear if you ever need it

Flash

Old Pirate
06-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Thank you all!:wizard:

imported_Bunky
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks Angelo !

imported_glfahlc
06-30-2011, 06:35 PM
thanks angelo for all you`ve done me personally and all the pac tid family. sorry to hear of your misfortune and i will say aspecial prayer for you and your family.

imported_mcpp66
06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
Angelo, thank you for the response, and thank you for the PM as well. I`m sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Best of luck to you and the rest of the CMA staff.

BIOLINK
06-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Angelo, you`re a stud. Thanks.

imported_Mr. Gloss
06-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Angelo,

Family matters most above all things. Thank you for doing your best even when dealing with heartbreak and family concerns.

CEE DOG
06-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Angelo, I`m so sorry to hear of all the trauma in your life. I will keep you in my prayers in the upcoming weeks. We have never met but I have never heard a bad word about you. In fact our mutual friend Adam speaks very highly of you as do others. Your reputation and character are obviously above reproach. I pray you will have much brighter days very soon and that the pain and stress of you and your loved ones will be eased with better health and good fortune.

Sincerely,
Corey

imported_detailchick
06-30-2011, 08:48 PM
God Bless you Angelo!

I miss you and send you my prayers and love!:smile:DC