PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter on New Website

Pages : [1] 2

imported_jgh1987
03-26-2002, 07:33 PM
Any tips for washing/waxing the top of a full-size van or tall SUV?

Or do y`all (or yous guys) just suffer with a stepladder and keep moving it. I had considered one of those chenille pads on an extension handle for washing. Of course that won`t help with the polishing/waxing.

Thanks.

Bobby G
03-26-2002, 08:30 PM
A light step stool is best. Make sure it has rubber treads so you don`t slip when it`s wet.

I advise against anyting on an extension handle. It`s just asking for trouble. Too easy to slip... Ooops!

db

imported_Intel486
03-26-2002, 09:45 PM
I run around my truck with a step-stool. Only way to do it.

Lemonxxs
03-26-2002, 10:07 PM
I use a two step ladder with top cross bar.

Be careful if washin in the grass as the ladder will sink!!!!

Also I get to stand on the bed covers in the back of my avalanche when doing the roof.

titus
03-27-2002, 01:35 AM
Like Intel486, I wash around my SUV with a two-step kitchen type stool that has a `handle`. Seemed kinda strange when I first started using the step stool (could reach the sedan roof while standing on the ground) but after a coupla SUV washings with the two-stepper, no problem.:D

VetteHead
03-27-2002, 05:25 AM
I have the same problem when I`m working on my 4X4 pickup or my wife`s SUV. I bought a folding aluminum work platform from Camping World (www.campingworld.com) for $54. (I think it`s $60 if you`re not one of their PC members.) It`s quite stable and I can work on the roof areas without constantly moving the step ladder. It`s about half the price of a similar item in the Griot`s catalog. For anyone that`s interested, it`s their item #20285.

http://www.campingworld.com/images/products/big/20000/20285D.jpg

Blues
03-27-2002, 08:23 AM
Rubbermaid makes a step stool for about $8.49 (#4202) which can be purchased at Walmart and the like. It`s light and durable and gets the job done. I use it to get to the top of my Explorer.

http://www.cornerhardware.com/db-images/items/1038/071691420224.pre.jpg

Dimensions are about 18"X18"x16" (L/W/H)

imported_wfedwar
06-10-2011, 06:00 AM
So I was talking to a friend yesterday and he was telling me that he couldn`t get to the PAC website anymore. He was a previous customer, and apparently the cookie issue is still keeping him from getting to the site. He said he got an email suggesting he use another browser or something (I don`t remember getting that email myself, but I delete a lot...). His response was he`ll just start using Autogeek. I`m sure that`s not what anyone intended with the new site, but if previous customers can`t get back to the site as easily as typing in www.properautocare.com, there is a problem. Not everyone is computer-savy enough to clear cookies, install new browsers, whatever. I am, but I didn`t know there was an issue until I saw it mentioned on this message board. I cleared the cookie and I`m good-to-go, but until then I thought the website was just down. Guys--this is not what you want! Think about it. You are losing customers because they think the website is down. Now they`re going elsewhere. I`m sure this is happening every day. Run your business how you want. I`m just trying to give you some honest feedback here. I see this hurting you big time if it isn`t resolved quickly.

imported_Mr. Gloss
06-10-2011, 06:17 AM
When you navigate to the Shop PAC site, why do we need to register using an email and password before we can make a purchase?

Too many registrations required everywhere these days. Why doesn`t our TID identification carry over to PAC?

I know. Most of you don`t have that problem. But for the few who do and leave PAC without buying, well, enough said.

My darling wife came here to buy me gifts for Father`s Day and decided not to because it required her to register. She`s an accountant! Select product, present money, walk out. Keep it simple!

Thirty views but no feedback?

imported_Bunky
06-10-2011, 07:12 AM
When you navigate to the Shop PAC site, why do we need to register using an email and password before we can make a purchase?

Too many registrations required everywhere these days. Why doesn`t our TID identification carry over to PAC?

I know. Most of you don`t have that problem. But for the few who do and leave PAC without buying, well, enough said.

My darling wife came here to buy me gifts for Father`s Day and decided not to because it required her to register. She`s an accountant! Select product, present money, walk out. Keep it simple!

Thirty views but no feedback?

I was able to order without registering.

imported_Mr. Gloss
06-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Good for you, Bunky.

My wife doesn`t visit here on a daily basis like you do and when the registration came up, she simply X`d out.

I order at other sites and they are contiguous...meaning one sign in (which is remembered) is all that is required to view, comment, buy, etc.

Keep it simple for visitors too. It`s good for business. And do away with the coupon code. Give every buyer the 10% discount and wives will make more of those once a year purchases. Or do it the way it`s always been done. :-?

Jack Kruer
06-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Guys,

The issue of the "error" message has been a headache and we are trying to deal with it. (If anyone knows of a time and day it occurred, or could send me a screen shot, it would help in checking the servers.) We thought we had a handle on it, but it is still cropping up every now and then. Please be patient, we are working on it as fast as we can and certainly did not want the problem.

You do not have to "register" to make a purchase. It is an option to establish an account so you don`t have to enter all of your information every time you come to the site. It does require you to "log in" however so the system can identify you and retrieve your information. It also allows you to view your history of sales etc...

Mr. Gloss, I am not sure why your wife had the issues she had. You do not have to register to make a purchase.

Again, if any of you have some info I would appreciate the help, screen shots welcome.

Thanks for being patient.

jk

imported_Mr. Gloss
06-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Jack,

This is just one example of what happens when logging on to

http://www.properautocare.com/Error.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/default.aspx

Server Error in `/` Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application`s <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Try that link above, and let me know if your back button is disabled. I can figure it out, but not every Tom, Dick and Harry are going to bother with it.

Jack Kruer
06-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Thanks, let me send this to the "brains" that built it.

jk

Trouble
06-10-2011, 05:28 PM
If your having problems, pick up the phone and call :-c