PDA

View Full Version : Got thrown off a horse!

Pages : [1] 2

03-26-2002, 12:18 AM
This was before I brought it to the dealer, well about a month before. I posted this picture a while back. It was pratically swirl free and i put lights on above the car to show this. I was very proud of myself.

http://gallery.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/AlBoston12010027AM.jpg

Well i took it to the dealer and they washed it even though i specifically told them not to wash it. Here is the car after they washed it sitting in the garage. You can immediately see the swirls.

http://gallery.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/AlBoston12017041AM.jpg

here is a closer view. I will show them these pictures tommorow when I go to speak with the manager.

http://gallery.mbnz.org/gallery/pics/AlBoston12018027AM.jpg

Clean Dean
03-26-2002, 02:44 AM
:mad: X 1,000,000 !

JonB
03-26-2002, 02:27 PM
Good evidence though. I am going to take before pics just in case, next time I have to bring the car into the shop.

I was wondering, how much money damages would you be entitled to if you have say 6 coats of Zaino or other sealant on, after spending several hours PC`ing with SMR etc? I certainly would not let them try to fix what they did! So how much would be fair compensation for your efforts?

H

William420
03-26-2002, 07:13 PM
POST SIGNS IN THE CAR MAN! I always tell my shop NOT to wash the car but 5 out of 10 times they do not listen, or simply forgot.

Look at my car after they washed it (I think couple months ago)

http://communities.msn.com/_Secure/0MAB1D1sPHFeoZse2nPer3B4oy8i2RaUJ02KFrtPdIlMPauP55 RolcPiTENDBS5pSCgi8oMckT0K8HvgEKHd1Dw/BLINK-001.jpg

Solaria
03-26-2002, 08:19 PM
Man that is one messed up paint job. I had the same thing happen to me as well. The dealer kinda surprised me with the free wash. They never use to do washes until recently. I had swirls up the @@2$#!.

All I can say is that it is a free wash and you can`t expect the wash to be of high quality job.

Anything that is a free service beware!

Sorry see your car like that

:scared

BradE
03-26-2002, 08:31 PM
William

I seriously doubt all of those swirls are from just a single washing. Those marks are certinaly not consistant with the typical micro-marring caused by washing. They do not display the proper direction from washing, and they appear pretty deep for just a car wash. It almost looks as if someone has taken a buffer to the paint. If the dealership told you that is from washing, I suggest you have a serious talk with the service manager because I fear you have been lied too.

C. Charles Hahn
03-26-2002, 08:51 PM
Will, I agree with Showroom on this:

those look like buffer burns to me.

William420
03-26-2002, 10:08 PM
Now I`m getting curious. I`ll call up the shop tomorrow and hope they remember this incident (it`s been a while).

Oh, and it`s not a dealership. The car was sent to a `bodyshop` to install some mirrors. Nothing paint related whatsoever (just installing some parts) so they should have no reason to use buffers. I wonder why they did that then? Maybe accidently scratched the fender so buffer was used to cover up the mishap? The car was washed when I went to pick it up. Anyway, I`ll find out what they have to say tomorrow. Thanks Showroom & SLP. :)

imported_capspackle
03-26-2002, 10:15 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bigboyhf [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>
I was wondering, how much money damages would you be entitled to if you have say 6 coats of Zaino or other sealant on, after spending several hours PC`ing with SMR etc? I certainly would not let them try to fix what they did! So how much would be fair compensation for your efforts?

H [/b]</blockquote>

Zaino products ------------- $100

Microfiber Cloths ------------ $50

Prorter Cable ---------------- $130

Having a beauitful finished car ---------- Priceless

You cannot out a price on damages for something like that. Its is pure satisfation to get a car to look so beautiful..

just my .02

William420
03-27-2002, 10:55 PM
Ok I called the owner today:

ME: Do you remember the job you did on my car a while ago, maybe couple months?

Owner: Sure I do William. What can I do for you?

Me: I didn`t tell you when I picked up the car, but I saw some swirls on my fender. My expert detailing friends told me it`s buffer burns. What did you do to it? I took picture of it if you want to see it.

Owner: Really? Wait up. Let me check with my guy...... -comes back few min- William, we colorsanded the fender for you and I didn`t charge you for that.

Me: Colorsand? :eek: Why did you do that? You were just installing my mirrors. I even told you not to wash my car at all. Did you scratch my fender or something?

Owner: Well, -- hesitated for a moment- we don`t remember anymore, it`s been a while, but we usually colorsand when we see imperfections.

Me: I wash & wax my car everyweekend. Sometimes with magnifying glass. If there`s imperfection I would know about it. And honestly, there`s no imperpection on my car that requires colorsanding!

Owner: I`m really sorry about all this. I don`t know what to say. Tell you what, I`ll give you $100 credit for all the troubles.

That`s all. I know the owner for 8-9 years and he`s like 50-60 years old, so I don`t want to pursue any further since he`s much older than I.... I just can`t complain too much or even yell at him for any kind of mistakes because I have a lot of respect for elder. That`s just me.

Anyway, I am not going to pick up the $100 credit either.. I`m sure next time when I go back (yes, I will go back to the same shop again), he will not mess with my car again and that alone is worth more than $100. :D

BradE
03-28-2002, 08:22 AM
William

That is totally outrageous what they did to your car. They knew they messed up or they would not have tried to hide it from you to begin with. I don`t know if I would just blow it off. I would get the film build measured on that panel to make sure they did not remove excess clear, if they did your paint may fail down the road. :down

"Professionals" never cease to amaze me. :rolleyes:

TortoiseAWD
03-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Dealers must have special training in installing those 3D-looking buffer swirls . . . here`s a pic of my gf`s bro-in-law`s truck before we fixed the damage:

http://members.cox.net/sborders/Posted/DealerInstalledBufferMarks.jpg

The bro-in-law in question paid the dealer close to $500 for the paint sealant package, and <strong class=`bbc`>that`s[/b] what they gave him. :scared

Tort

ultrajim49
03-28-2002, 09:08 AM
Tort,

that`s horrible,

could you fix it?

:down for the dealer

TortoiseAWD
03-28-2002, 09:31 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by cvcaelen [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Tort,

that`s horrible,
could you fix it?

:down for the dealer [/b]</blockquote>Yep, we were able to repair the majority of it. You can see the before/after pics in this thread: http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=3776 (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=3776`)

Tort

Lowejackson
03-28-2002, 10:47 AM
TortoiseAWD

I had forgotten just how dramatic those pictures were :bow

We should store all these great before and after pictures somewhere.

Steven