PDA

View Full Version : Brand of Mf Towels?

Pages : [1] 2

mDw
03-25-2002, 08:41 PM
I am a newbie in detailing, so today i went out to the local autozone and they had the clay magic claybar. I bought that one, I am excited to begin detailing my car after I get all the products together. The thing that suprised me was that the claybar is so small, i always imagined a claybar as the size of a brick. Just wanted to share that with everyone.

-brian

Jngrbrdman
03-25-2002, 08:49 PM
You are going to like clay. I`m spending tomorrow claying my wife`s Accord. It is a lot of work but its the kind of work you look forward to because you know that the results are instant and spectacular. :up What kind of lube did you get for it? Did it come with a spray or did you have to buy one?

MikeLS
03-25-2002, 08:54 PM
If you`ve never clayed before, you`re in for a real treat. The Clay Magic is one of the better clays out there, and I noticed that my local AutoZone started carrying CM as well for $10. I just might pick the CM kit up just to have a spare, even though I already have two bars of Zaino clay. Most consumer clays are pretty small, and are usually good for a few applications.

Take your time and use plenty of lube. I use my car wash solution for the lube and everything comes out great. Leaves a perfectly smooth surface ready for polishing, waxing, or sealing.

Good Luck!

:xyxthumbs

mDw
03-25-2002, 08:55 PM
it came with a 12 oz. lube, pretty good price for 9.99.

-briancl

lovesolderplymouths
03-27-2002, 02:43 AM
has any of you guys experienced streaking with it?

TortoiseAWD
03-27-2002, 09:02 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by SC5spd [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>has any of you guys experienced streaking with it? [/b]</blockquote>No streaks at all in my experience . . .

ClayMagic has become my favorite clay. Meguiar`s was too soft, and streaked and smeared. Zaino wasn`t pliable enough for my liking, but it worked well enough. ClayMagic is soft enough to fold and knead, and sticks to my claying hand well (easier to hang on to, less change of dropping), but has never left residue behind on my paint.

One more :up for CM here . . .

Tort

PAD2010
06-05-2011, 11:57 PM
its easy to see in write ups the exact wash and wax products posters use , but what about towels? is there a popular brand or location alot of members here go to? i like to be direct with a supplier as much as possible to save in bulk. looking forward to input for windows especially. i use meguiar`s d120 glass cleaner and it works well with quickie waffle weave mf towel from lowes but it can easily leave the waffle weave pattern on the window. (You dont see it till u get in and are about to return customers car!) :doh:

Legacy99
06-06-2011, 01:42 PM
its easy to see in write ups the exact wash and wax products posters use , but what about towels? is there a popular brand or location alot of members here go to? i like to be direct with a supplier as much as possible to save in bulk. looking forward to input for windows especially. i use meguiar`s d120 glass cleaner and it works well with quickie waffle weave mf towel from lowes but it can easily leave the waffle weave pattern on the window. (You dont see it till u get in and are about to return customers car!) :doh:

How can you possibly leave waffle patterns on the glass? Is this a joke? To answer your post, I like Pakshak waffle weave towels.

imported_JSFM35X
06-06-2011, 01:59 PM
I like the poorboys DMT`s wax and polish removal and the Euro Shag QD. For drying I use a leaf blower and then a DMT to touch up.

PAD2010
06-06-2011, 04:32 PM
sometimes when you lift the towel in the corner of the window you get a lil waffle weave pattern left there, not on the whole window--its also not on every window just randomly here and there typically in the corners but very annoying when you get in a hurry and have to redo 2 to 3 window corners when you are already in car and moving it out to return to customer :)

PAD2010
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM
im reading here every day just to see whats interesting or new in the daily posts--ill put up one of my own soon, a very hairy one lol lady has 2 bid dogs :doh:

imported_detailchick
06-06-2011, 09:41 PM
I like Vroom MF towels for wax removal and glass, glass are bright green color and work great.

Belair
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
For glass I`ve begun using the huck surgical towels that were introduced to me by another member, then buffing with microfiber.

MrGolfRider
06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Blue huck towels are awesome for cleaning windows. They can scrub away some nasty crap. I just use two different towels for windows, I use mf for other stuff now.

Another recommendation I have is to always use distilled when making your Meguiars glass cleaner. It makes a world of difference.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Legacy99
06-07-2011, 06:35 PM
sometimes when you lift the towel in the corner of the window you get a lil waffle weave pattern left there, not on the whole window--its also not on every window just randomly here and there typically in the corners but very annoying when you get in a hurry and have to redo 2 to 3 window corners when you are already in car and moving it out to return to customer :)

The reason for the imprint is because the towel is dirty and needs to be flipped to a clean section or use a new clean towel.