PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday qballjr13

lpandroc
03-25-2002, 08:34 AM
Hi all...I used a damp MF cloth to wipe off my application of SG...Is that OK?...I guess what I am saying is...am I defeating the purpose by using a damp cloth to remove...as opposed to a dry MF...Thanks, Lance

old_gonzo
03-25-2002, 09:52 AM
There are many here that will dampen their MF towel with either a non-carnauba QD spray or distilled water to aide in the removal of Klasse.

I personally do not dampen the MF towel, as I have not had any difficulty in removing Klasse, but others here have. No harm done.

imported_Kevin Brown
03-25-2002, 11:42 AM
There are quite a few of us that use the damp MF towel procedure to remove SG. SG is a pain to remove with a dry MF towel. Many here have had good experiences with the damp MF towel removal of SG. It`s quick and painless. :) My Klasse is still beading after 5 months. :)

99323ic
03-25-2002, 12:00 PM
Mine is still beading after a few days short of a year! Love the stuff!!!!

jkochis
03-25-2002, 02:34 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jimwh [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Mine is still beading after a few days short of a year! Love the stuff!!!! [/b]</blockquote>
Good stuff for sure, but beading is not proof that it is still there, especially on new cars which will bead for a very long time even unprotected.

DETAILKING
03-25-2002, 02:42 PM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>

Good stuff for sure, but beading is not proof that it is still there, especially on new cars which will bead for a very long time even unprotected. [/b]</blockquote>

mp5_toronto
03-25-2002, 04:20 PM
beading...

I try to explain to my girlfriends mom that her car no longer has any wax on it. I show her how my freshly waxed car beads up nicely, and she claims that hers will bead as well. Of course, next time we get a light rain, her car does bead up as she says. Last time it was waxed? Over 2 years ago. That`s either some really long lasting wax or beading isn`t necessarily a sign of wax protection....:p

imported_doug
03-25-2002, 08:52 PM
finally - the truth comes out. Beading is (unfortunately) a LOUSY indication of wax longevity. I believe a car does NOT bead when it is both wax free and has a layer of adhered dirt/dust, or is oxidized - but any clean, not oxidized paint beads!

I wish we DID have a way to tell. does anyone know of an alternate means?

kreativ
03-26-2002, 03:59 AM
Klasse instructions are to go dry for the SG process. There has been some discussion on how using a wet MF to remove Klasse was not good (something about how water/dampness intereferes with the curing process), but I didn`t follow it too closely since I`ve always removed Klasse SG with a dry MF.

As for using a quick detailer to remove SG, I assume they`re mainly water with some chemicals mixed in with it. I doubt the chemicals would aid in the curing process of SG at all. You`d just have to hope it didn`t hinder the curing process.

vettefan67
03-26-2002, 10:51 AM

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>finally - the truth comes out. Beading is (unfortunately) a LOUSY indication of wax longevity. I believe a car does NOT bead when it is both wax free and has a layer of adhered dirt/dust, or is oxidized - but any clean, not oxidized paint beads!

I wish we DID have a way to tell. does anyone know of an alternate means? [/b]</blockquote>Wait a second here . . . YoSteve has been saying that same thing for <strong class=`bbc`>months[/b]. Why are people just now starting to agree with it when they ignored it before?

My response for months has been that if there is a change in the sheeting or beading patterns of your car when you apply a product, you can accurately measure if the product remains if those changes in beading patterns are still present.

nerdhunters
03-26-2002, 08:38 PM
I find it is a lot easier to remove SG with a 100% cotton towel than a Microfibre towel.

rstype
03-26-2002, 10:58 PM
Hmmm†I was thinking you can wipe a <em class=`bbc`>small[/i] portion of the paint with alcohol after waxing/sealing, and then take notes on the difference in beading variations. This can be used the same to determine the “sheeting†abilities of Blackfire.

But then of course†there will always be that spot without protection. :D

~bw

YoSteve
03-27-2002, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the shout-out puter, it is interesting that Klasse is knocked for not beading (it sheet beads on my car) but now beading is not considered an indication of protection.

For anyone who washes their car on a normal basis you can definately tell if there is Klasse on there or not.

I washed the new Bravada and it definatley beads. One thing is that when you do the final nozzleless rinse as the water attempts to sheet off it still leaves lots of beaded water behind. When you do the same on my hood 98% of the water sheets off and what is left is a few beads. IMO, on a car that has no protection, water would attempt to sheet off but then it just sits there wet.

Old Pirate
06-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Happy Birthday qballjr13. Have a great day!:happybday::bday cake::happybday::bday cake::happybday::bday cake::happybday:

Todd@RUPES
06-04-2011, 01:13 PM
Happy Birthday qballjr13. Have a great day!:happybday::bday cake::happybday::bday cake::happybday::bday cake::happybday:

I haven`t seen qballlr13 around in a long time but I hope he is having a wonderful birthday as well!