PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day 2011

fordracefan
03-22-2002, 12:46 PM
What have you found to be the best removal technique for hard water spots... Out here in So Cal if you mistakenly park next to a misguided sprinkler, you are in for a <em class=`bbc`><strong class=`bbc`>horifying[/b][/i] surprise when you return. :scared

Will household products used for hard water spot removal damage the paint. My thoughts here are to attack the problem chemically instead of mechanically using abrasives. I know that they will likely remove any protectant/wax that you may have on the vehicle, but those can always be reapplied.

Jngrbrdman
03-22-2002, 01:01 PM
Vinegar has worked when other chemicals have failed. If you want to get rid of the water spots then that is the eaisest thing to do. It will also take off much of what is underneath the waterspots, so if you have any wax or anything on your car you will probably want to re-wax it.

If you have access to clay then that will work too. I`ve had good success with clay lately. No sense in using something as harsh as vinegar if something safer will work.

vettefan67
03-22-2002, 04:17 PM
I wouldn`t call vinegar harsh . . . it`s misleading.

Why not just use a QD?!? QD is mildly acidic enough to dissolve water spotting pretty well. If that doesn`t work try a 1:4 mix of vinegar and distilled water, follow up with QD.

The above are assuming that the waterspots are not etched into your paint.

Jngrbrdman
03-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Call it "lack of a better word". I don`t think that vinegar will eat through your car, or anything, but you wouldn`t want to use it all the time. ;)

Old Pirate
05-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died serving our country. This is a great time to honor our veterans by visiting the monuments around the nation and your local cemetery in your area. The Memorial Day weekend also marks the beginning of the busy summer season so enjoy and don`t forget about our brothers and sisters who gave their lives for us all. I`ll be visiting a few friends and my own brother on this day at the Florida National Cemetery.

imported_JSFM35X
05-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died serving our country. This is a great time to honor our veterans by visiting the monuments around the nation and your local cemetery in your area. The Memorial Day weekend also marks the beginning of the busy summer season so enjoy and don`t forget about our brothers and sisters who gave their lives for us all. I`ll be visiting a few friends and my own brother on this day at the Florida National Cemetery.

Amen, and bless our troops no matter where they are !

avusMMM
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
ZZ, you remind us that one of the heavy burdens you guys bear is the loss of fellow servicemen, and for you, family.

Dan

bmw5541
05-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Good post Angelo.
So many people have forgotten the meaning of Memorial Day. It`s not just a day off to have a BBQ. So many men and women have died protecting our freedom, so let`s take some time to honor those brave soles who haven given their life for all of us.

Todd@RUPES
05-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Great post Angelo!

imported_Mr. Gloss
05-27-2011, 06:20 AM
In remembrance of all the sacrifices made by military families, each and every day while their loved one is currently serving in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Thank you to the veterans who courageously served at any time, and for those who gave their life, thank you for preserving ours.

Old Pirate
05-27-2011, 06:57 AM
Everyone have a great day with your family and friends. Also always be grateful of this great nation we all call HOME.

imported_Mr. Gloss
05-27-2011, 07:55 AM
And find a military mom, wife, kids, etc. who will be alone this weekend and invite them over for dinner and sharing.

imported_detailchick
05-27-2011, 10:33 AM
Everyone have a great day with your family and friends. Also always be grateful of this great nation we all call HOME.

Thanks Angelo.

Have a nice wekend everyone. Ill be working mostly, but be sure to give some time and thought to all those who have served our country .