PDA

View Full Version : DD/Buff n Shine Glass towels

skottsmith@sbcglobal.net
03-21-2002, 09:55 PM
Whats the difference between glaze, wax, and Z2?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Bill;) ;)

imported_BretFraz
03-21-2002, 10:15 PM
Glaze is a mild polish containing mostly oils and fillers. It`s primary design is to fill in the micormarring and bring out the highest luster in the paint prior to wax application.

Wax is a natural product design to protect the surface of what its applied to. Some types of wax are parrafin, bees, and carnauba, which is what is mainly used for cars. Wax that`s used on cars starts life as the fruit of the carnauba palm tree which grows primarily in N. Brazil. It is natures hardest wax. It`s mixed with various resins, silicones, and carrier agents which allow it to be applied to auto paint. The amount of carnauba wax in each product varies - more expensive the product, the more carnauba is in it (usually).

Z2 is neither of these. It`s a chemically created polymer-based product. I`m sure one of our Zaino fans will chime in with a more accurate description.

imported_Bimmer
03-21-2002, 11:40 PM
To read about Zaino check out the web page.

<www.Zainobros.com>

There is a nice write up about the products.

MrGolfRider
05-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I have 9 DD glass towels that I will no longer be using. I just never got the results out of them that made me happy. I know a lot of you out there love them. I will be using blue huck towels in their place. They were always washed with some APC and double rinsed.

For trades I am interested in the following:

5.5" pads for applying liquid LSPs
5.5" Green Uber pads
5" Black 3M waffle pads
Hand application pads for applying tub wax
16oz spray bottles
1Z Deep Plastic Cleaner

Offer up any trades though that you might think I`m interested in through PM please.

Belair
05-24-2011, 09:22 PM
I just want to say I`ve dealt with this member & he`s a good guy, honest and generous. Don`t hesitate if you`re interested in these towels.

Joe