PDA

View Full Version : forklift rentals

MidLife Cruiser
03-20-2002, 09:23 AM
We`ve had a lot of discussion regarding tire dressings, but what about rubber trim? All of the protectants I have tried on the trim around my T-tops looks pretty good. However, after a rain, there is usually a streak down the windows where some of the stuff has run down the glass. Yes, I buff and let dry, but somehow it still occurs. I only use the white stuff - none of that clear, oily mess. But every brand I have tried fails me. :nixweiss

imported_memnuts
03-20-2002, 09:33 AM
Again I use 303. Yes it will run a little if it rains but I am more concern with the protective ability( UV ) of this dressing. I want to preserve the rubber`s sealing ability. Fortunately, I rarely drive in bad weather. You could try applying and allow the 303 to dry and be absorbed and buffing as much off as possible. This will not eliminate the weeping out of the 303 from the rubber but may minimize it.

corvettez
03-20-2002, 09:52 AM
I have the same problem and concern with 303 on the exterior regarding running after driving in the rain. I was going to alter how I apply and buff out and see if that makes a difference. It only seems to really run after some prolonged driving in heavy rain. I haven`t seen it run in light to moderate sprinkles and I have been watching this for a while. I`m wondering if something like Z16 would hold up better in the case of trim and molding, anyone ever try it? Also, it looks like Meguiars has a new trim dressing ,(Gold Class) that I`m wondering if it would be effective against the rain.

old_gonzo
03-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Had you given that a try yet? The Z-16 is something that I use on a regular basis on the garage queen, but that is not asking much from a product, as the car is not exposed to the elements.

Just recently, I began to use it on the outer door seals and some of the black plastic trim near the rear windows on the daily driver. I did not notice any streaking down the paint or windows, and we have had plenty of rain lately. I will say that between the 2 (303 and Z-16) I have always found the Z-16 to surpass the 303 in durability when you are asking it to perform on an exterior surface.

It may be worth a try for you, as the Z-16 is also great on tires. :xyxthumbs

corvettez
03-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the tip arcticwhite, I`ll have to get some Z16, been wanting to anyway. Did you get to try the Z10 yet?

old_gonzo
03-20-2002, 11:59 AM
I`ve been very pleased with the performance of Race Glaze leather conditioner. I seem to have a sensitivity to leather scented products as they often give me a headache. The Pinnacle was way too strong in the scent dept. for my liking.

The Race Glaze product actually has a light vanilla scent to it, which I don`t find nearly as offensive, and it performs very well.

That`s just my experience/preferences, though....

corvettez
03-20-2002, 12:05 PM
I saw your post on the Race Glaze leather conditioner and thought I might give that a try, I can get it locally and had a good experience with their QD. The Z10 definitely has a strong leather smell so it may not work well for you but I`m certainly hooked on it.

Greek Guy
03-20-2002, 07:07 PM
303 gets my vote.

pralassause
05-15-2011, 04:57 PM
I put a lot of thought into this article, to bad it was all SPAM!

Trouble
05-15-2011, 09:52 PM
Welcome

You might wanna try hitting the "ENTER" key from time to time

Trouble :-B

Todd@RUPES
05-15-2011, 09:58 PM
Hmmmmmm :Snowman:

Trouble
05-15-2011, 10:43 PM
Intresting read :-B