PDA

View Full Version : Tips on buying a TV?

Pages : [1] 2 3

03-19-2002, 06:54 PM
I just applyed klasse SG layer 2 to the IS, and it is drying in the garage as I am typing this. Well my applicator was already soaked in SG so I decided to go over the rims and all the windows but the windshield. Will this make my windows bead water? And what effect will it have on the rims (BTW, I applied AIO to both the windows and the rims prior to this).

vettefan67
03-19-2002, 07:01 PM
make water do anything different than it would on paint? :confused:

Yes, it should bead water in both places. Let us know how you like using the windshield wipers with aio + sg on there . . . I`ve been wondering.

Dont use any glass or wheel cleaners!

imported_capspackle
03-19-2002, 08:03 PM
you can apply AIO and SG to the front OUTSIDE windshield??? :eek:

03-19-2002, 08:09 PM
you can, but it is not "approved"

old_gonzo
03-19-2002, 11:02 PM
I have several layers of Klasse SG on the garage queen`s rims. They are machined/clear coated alum. and the Klasse provides a nice gloss. An added benefit is the ability to wash away road grime/brake dust with ease. :up

03-19-2002, 11:05 PM
arcticwhite, now there is a true autopian. Takes delivery of his new car dirty, and has several coats of klasse on his rims. Good job man :xyxthumbs . That is the exact reason I SG`d my rims, the polished aluminum. I have had rims where the clear coat flakes off the machined/polished areas. I want this car to be mint. Check out my new pics on the members pictures forum, I just removed SG layer 2.

bjwebster
03-19-2002, 11:06 PM
Klasse on Rims rocks! I never use anything but soap and water because everything comes off so easily with the klasse!

rstype
03-19-2002, 11:12 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by AlBoston [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>arcticwhite, now there is a true autopian. Takes delivery of <span class=`bbc_underline`>his new car dirty, and has several coats of klasse on his rims. Good job <span class=`bbc_underline`>man :xyxthumbs . That is the exact reason I SG`d my rims, the polished aluminum. I have had rims where the clear coat flakes off the machined/polished areas. I want this car to be mint. Check out my new pics on the members pictures forum, I just removed SG layer 2. [/b]</blockquote>
Shes a female... :)

old_gonzo
03-19-2002, 11:20 PM
BW is correct. That was good for a chuckle.

Yes, I know that I am "atypical/astereotypical" when it comes to cars and detailing - but I love this stuff just as much as you "guys" do. :)

I prepare and show my Vette completely on my own and have a great time doing it. :xyxthumbs

miguelgf
03-19-2002, 11:35 PM
Before the Aquapel, I used SG on the windows. Worked like a charm - but nothing in comparison to the Aquapel. If you`re not looking to drop the occasional ten-spot on Aquapel, I`d give it a shot.

On the rims - a prerequisite! On our MLs, it turns the hassle of washing the German brakedust into simply wiping down with carwash and a wet sponge. I apply SG to the rims once every three months or so. Works great!

03-20-2002, 12:28 AM
hey articwhite, are u single ;) . There are very few girls into cars. Glad to have u on here.

YoSteve
03-20-2002, 09:49 AM
if you adopt using Klasse on your wheels (which I have) then you must save the wheel cleaner for when you are about to re-Klasse, caust the strong wheel cleaner will strip it right off. Go for the regular car wash soap :up

corvettez
03-20-2002, 10:08 AM
AIO\SG on the wheels makes a huge difference in how easy they are to clean and maintain and with your car shampoo, as said! I have done all my exterior windows the same with the AOI\SG as well and both the wheels and windows QD just as easily as the paint. I haven`t had any problems with smearing on the windshield and water appears to bead and run off leaving it looking clean.

old_gonzo
03-20-2002, 10:14 AM
AlBoston -

No, I`m not single. :D I actually have a very understanding husband that tolerates my detailing addiction rather well. He never asks how much money I`m spending on towels or any other supplies. The only time he raised an eyebrow was when I told him how much Souveran can cost. :scared

He just brings the packages up to the house that the UPS man has so nicely left for me. All he says is, "Another package for you."

What a guy!

Jngrbrdman
03-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Hey arcticwhite, your husband and my wife must be kindred spirits or something. :D It`s nice to have understanding spouses when it comes to a hobby like this. Jennifer isn`t a big fan of the internet but she never says anything when she knows I`m on this board. :) I guess as long as I keep her car clean I get a little latitude on other things. ah....compromise......