PDA

View Full Version : Rolls Royce Drophead Coupe Correction

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Greg
03-18-2002, 01:11 PM
I will be using AIO and SG on my wife`s daily driver soon. What QD do you guys recommend: Eagle One Wet and Shine or Meguiar`s Final Inspection? The car is not garaged and takes a lot of abuse... I`m not really looking for the one that gives the best shine, but the one which is most compatible to the Klasse system. I`ll be using it for bird bombs, etc.

Jngrbrdman
03-18-2002, 01:14 PM
I use Final Inspection. It always works fine for me.

One suggestion was to use a wet mf towel to start with and then follow up with a dry one. That might help make it eaiser to take off without the need for a detailing mist at all.

03-18-2002, 01:42 PM
To tell you the truth, everyone here loves final inspection; however, I think it is the worst waste of money to be spent on detailing supply. I think Eagle one is a million times better, plus it is cheaper! Final inspection always streaks and takes more buffing than Eagle one. I have always hated meguiars quick detail products because of the streaking I always get on my black paint. I feel Sonus is the absolute best on klasse, but at a 15 dollar price tag, I use it sparingly.

BTW RH, both the clear pearl and show off contain carnuba which is NOT compatible with klasse. If you apply these QDs it will prevent future layers of SG from bonding correctly.

jkochis
03-18-2002, 01:46 PM
Deleted my previous reply, since I dont think EF CP or OGSO is good to use for cleaning bird bombs, Final Inspection is great for it.

AlBoston, you are correct, if you were going to apply Klasse immediately after quick detailing. However, long term experience has showed me that neither Clear Pearl or Show Off will survive a week and a washing. Applying Klasse a week later after a wash is absolutely no problem.

imported_Intermezzo
03-18-2002, 01:47 PM
I`m sure they would both work fine, but if you really want to split hairs, use Meguiar`s #34. E1 contains silicone oil.

JonB
03-18-2002, 07:19 PM
I have used FI, Wet Wipe n Shine, and Crystal Mist on Klasse with fairly good results. They are much better suited to use on wax though. When I tried Blackfire QD on Klasse, the results were stunning. It`s specifically formulated for sealants.

H

99scs2cool
03-18-2002, 09:23 PM
I have 4 of the top mentioned ones on this forum.

I use EFCP every day and as I have posted the shine gets deeper and deeper. I also will do the PCM right after washing, followed by a EFCP then another PCM after about two hrs as the lable says. Really gets deeper. I haven`t used the FI as much since I just got a couple of weeks ago, but seems to be ok.

I currently have Mequiars #26 as my topper but will be doin` the Klasse AIO/SG/ Souveran route this weekend( my Pinnacle detailing kit will ship tomorrow). I will still use the procedure I have developed.

Good luck with your choice

:xyxthumbs

old_gonzo
03-18-2002, 09:40 PM
Sonus is an excellent QD for use with Klasse, however, it becomes rather pricey to use on a daily driver. The rims on my garage queen are Klassed, and I use the Sonus Acrylic Spritz on them in between and after washings with very nice results.

Once the weather breaks, and I can Klasse the rims on the daily driver, I will use the Sonus on them as well - I really like the performance of the Sonus over Klasse on the rims. I do not use Sonus on the finish of either vehicle as I find it difficult to spend $15.00 per bottle for a QD spray for a daily driver, and the Vette wears Souveran, which is incompatible with the Sonus. If you don`t mind the price, Sonus is excellent.

If you are looking for something "over-the-counter" that is a bit more wallet friendly, my choice would be the Eagle One Wet Wipe&Shine. I just purchased 2 bottles of this yesterday for use on the finish of my daily driver.

My opinion of Meguiar`s FI.....don`t waste your money.

harrybar
03-18-2002, 10:51 PM
I use both Klasse (AIO and HG) and Sonus. While Sonus does give the car beautiful shine, I found Sonus is not very effective for cleaning purpose even if I rinse the car with water thoroughly.

I`m planning to wash more aggressively before apply Sonus, ie. using shampoo for washing. But I`m wondering whether shampoo (P21S) will be too strong and strip Klasse off. Any opinion, experiences?

Thanks a lot in advance.

03-18-2002, 11:15 PM
Yes arcticwhite! Finally someone else on this board that hates FI. I think it is worthless. Ill take eagle one anyday over it.

Don2000g
03-21-2002, 12:15 AM
The Final Inspection will do pretty well for bird dropping removal or getting rid of bug debris. It seems to have a bit more lubrication than the Eagle One quick detailer. I was one of the very first to post a review for the Wet Wipe N Shine. Pretty good product for the price and I really like the scent.

imported_JeffBruce
03-21-2002, 09:21 AM
Pep boys just sold FI for $2 and change. Good price for me, I have had good experience with FI. I have found FI is better on my Souvran waxed car, but im not impressed with it on my Klasse

car. May try BF.....hope some more people reply with Klasse cars

to this thread..

jeff

dengelson
03-21-2002, 09:55 AM
I`ve been using FI and it works good. So good in fact that I bought a gallon of it. However I am interested in trying some different QDs. What I`d really like to find out though are what the contents are of the different brands.

Just the other day I did a little test on my Klassed truck using FI and Mother`s Showtime. I was surprised that the Showtime side had noticably less friction when sliding a clean towel over the two surfaces. I like slickness however is it at the expense of applying silicone oils? :confused: I dunno. I also don`t want to use a QD that contains wax when I`m working on a Klassed vehicle.

After a little poking around I thought I would give Sonus QD a try because it is specifically formulated to work on polymer sealants.

Any feedback on Sonus or Blackfire QDs?

JonB
03-21-2002, 10:14 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

Any feedback on Sonus or Blackfire QDs?</blockquote>

BF QD is excellent on Klasse. I think it is much better than the others.

H

dengelson
03-21-2002, 10:36 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by bigboyhf [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`> BF QD is excellent on Klasse. I think it is much better than the others. [/b]</blockquote>
Cool thanks for the tip bigboyhf! :cool: