PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Specials From ProperAutoCare.com

Gray Wolf
03-18-2002, 10:01 AM
Read all the info on the Zaino site several times and still can`t figure out whether to Dawn wash before or after claying. It does say to Z-7 wash after claying. So I`m assuming you Dawn wash first.

Getting ready to apply Zaino for the first time to a new car. I waxed a couple of sections with P21S Carnauba before stopping. Decided it wasn`t reflective (mirror-like) enough. So Dawn wash is a must.

I`m still a little undecided about claying a brand new car. But while preping for the P21S with their paint cleanser. I noticed swirls, water spots, some contaminants (tar and tree sap) and clearcoat damage (couple of round indentations and minor cat scratches). And the car is only 10 days old!

As to the order is it?

1. Dawn wash

2. Clay

3. Z-7

4. Z-5 (with ZFX)

5. Z-6

6. Z-2 (with ZFX)

7. Z-6

ultrajim49
03-18-2002, 10:12 AM
My suggestion would be:

dawn wash ,rinse , no dry

clay , using Z7 as lube

after claying wash with Z7 to remove possible residue of the claying.

Z-zfx-5 `till you are happy with the looks

Z-zfx-2 `till you are even more happy with the looks

Z6 in between layers

if the sun is shining, put on sunglasses, you`ll need them

Go for it!!!

:xyxthumbs

screwforsurf
03-21-2002, 12:04 AM
I agree with you gray wolf...

I am also getting ready to Zaino for the first time and the instr. say to clay first, if you`re not going to clay, skip to the dawn wash.If not for this site, I would be slightly confused.I am going for the same sequence as you with an extra coat or two of Z2. I am going to dry after dawn, though.Maybe another member with more knowledge can offer some info on whether or not drying matters after the initial dawn wash.

Jester83
03-21-2002, 11:51 AM
Prior to putting on Z2 or Z3 you MUST put on Z1. You do NOT wipe off Z1 either. After preparing your paint surface as listed above, apply Z1. Let it dry. Apply Z2 or Z3. Let them haze. Wipe off. Do not use TOO MUCH of either. A little goes a long ways. It is better to put on 2 thin coats than 1 thick coats. I know this is my very first post! but I have used Zaino and I love it. After wiping off the Z2/Z3, you can then use Z6, if you want. I did. I love the way my Navajo Beige Metallic Passat looks. Now excuse me, I am going out to detail my Passat.

imported_Intermezzo
03-21-2002, 12:27 PM
GrayWolf,

Even most brand new cars require at least a little claying. Clay will remove the embedded contaminants you spoke of much more effectively than will P21S Paint Cleanser.

I would follow the steps outlined by cvcaelen....especially the sunglasses part! :cool:

z driver 88t
03-22-2002, 01:39 AM
Whatever you do, DO NOT USE MEGUAIRS CLAY....it really sucks. Leaves streaks, etc. :scared I learned the hard way.

vettefan67
03-22-2002, 01:46 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by The Lizard [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Whatever you do, DO NOT USE MEGUAIRS CLAY....it really sucks. Leaves streaks, etc. :scared I learned the hard way. [/b]</blockquote>Ditto for Eagle One clay.

z driver 88t
03-22-2002, 02:09 AM
You can say that again, Puterbum. Check out this great post:

Posted by geekysteve on 03-22-2002 04:02 AM:

Here`s my take on the different clay bars: they usually fall into one of three categories for me.

1) Soft, pliable, conforms easily, folds easily, picks up contaminants and "grabs" them, generally a pleasure to use.

2) Hard, "elasticky", bendable, slightly tough, picks up contaminants and "holds" them, somewhat less pleasureable to use.

3) Rock hard or soft and crumbly, hard to work with, streaks, binds and grabs, "drags" on surface, not fun to use.

I`ve tried (in alphabetical order): 3M, Clay Magic, Eagle One, Formula113, Griots, Meguiar`s, Mothers, Pinnacle and Zaino clay. If you ask me, I think that a lot of these clays come from the same place - they`re so similar in a lot of ways.

That said, my very favorite clay is Clay Magic clay. It fits the #1) description above perfectly. Most of the others fit the #2 and only a very few fit the #3 description.

Just to complicate matters, many of the clays come in different levels of abrasiveness...generally speaking, for our uses/needs, stick with the "finest" or "gentleist" (word?) clay. For Clay Magic, I use their blue bars (fine), but I have a few of the red (med) bars too...HTH!

This should help you, Gray Wolf...:D

Old Pirate
05-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Current Promotion From ProperAutoCare.com (http://www.properautocare.com/cupr.html)

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/WeeklySpecials5411.png

Take a Look at the Weekly Specials!

Our Weekly Specials (http://www.properautocare.com/weeklyspecials.html) are back. Weekly Specials are for one week only or until the product is sold out. Be sure to check back each week for the new specials.

Old Pirate
05-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Don`t forget to look at our great weekly specials everyone!