PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Detailing Machine 1000 Paper Weight

THERUSE
03-18-2002, 09:39 AM
hello,

i was wondering if anybody knows anything about a new formulation of meguiars endurance?, the one in the black bottle, not high gloss.

i bought a bottle before winter, and didn`t use it until yesterday, it seemed more wattery, less gell like than the previous one i had. i like it better now, but i`m wondering if it`s a new formulation.

any thoughts would be appreciated.

later,

C. Charles Hahn
03-18-2002, 10:46 PM
I just did the same thing..... had a bottle from before winter that I had emptied out during a `thaw`...... so I got a new bottle.

broke it out yesterday with a fresh eagle one tire swipe..... definitely a different formulation. I like it better as well. I dont have any definitive proof but I do agree with you. :up

THERUSE
03-19-2002, 01:57 PM
i was afraid i got a bad bottle, no replys for like a day

i`m glad they did that, i hope they also stay with the new formulation :up :up

imported_scrubs147
05-04-2011, 04:52 PM
I was given the ?Ultimate Detailing Machine 1000? as a gift just last year and it gave out after many uses. I took it apart and noticed that the brushes needed replacing. I do a Google search for ?Armature Brushes? and lots of ?Porter-Cable? replacement brushes come up, but nothing as far as the correct brushes for the UDM.

I already have the Porter Cable 7424 XP for a back up, so it looks like I will be purchasing an additional PC only because I won?t have to spend hours of valuable time searching for dead ends. What happens if something else broke in the UDM and I had to get parts. I have worked on many types of machinery (small and large) so servicing something myself is generally a no brainer, that is unless parts are unavailable like they?re for the UDM.

Food for thought; before making a purchase on any type of equipment, no matter how convincing the sales pitch looks, research the product parts availability before you buy. Right now this UDM is nothing more than a disposable diaper sitting in my storage collecting dust.

Todd@RUPES
05-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I was given the ?Ultimate Detailing Machine 1000? as a gift just last year and it gave out after many uses. I took it apart and noticed that the brushes needed replacing. I do a Google search for ?Armature Brushes? and lots of ?Porter-Cable? replacement brushes come up, but nothing as far as the correct brushes for the UDM.

I already have the Porter Cable 7424 XP for a back up, so it looks like I will be purchasing an additional PC only because I won?t have to spend hours of valuable time searching for dead ends. What happens if something else broke in the UDM and I had to get parts. I have worked on many types of machinery (small and large) so servicing something myself is generally a no brainer, that is unless parts are unavailable like they?re for the UDM.

Food for thought; before making a purchase on any type of equipment, no matter how convincing the sales pitch looks, research the product parts availability before you buy. Right now this UDM is nothing more than a disposable diaper sitting in my storage collecting dust.

If you are talking about the `Ultimate Detailing Machine` then yes, it seems a lot of people who purchased that machine found it to be an expensive paper weight. We never carried this machine because it didn`t have a UL approved label and we found the durability to be sub-standard.