PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 Now in Stock At ProperAutoCare.com

Pages : [1] 2

ALM
03-17-2002, 08:14 PM
Yesterday on a whim i decided to do the spring detail on my car. I didn`t have any Dawn to strip the wax, so I used Palmolive instead. Will this adversely effect my car?

After the Palmolive wash, I clayed, polished with 3M Fine cut rubbing compound and SMR, followed by PPCL, and sealed with Klasse AIO.

MikeLS
03-17-2002, 08:19 PM
After using all of the abrasive polishes, any residues that the Palmolive may have left will be completely gone, even if it contained needless additives. You have nothing to worry about...

DALE TIBERG
03-17-2002, 08:24 PM
unless you wax your car every 30 days there`s no reason to strip the wax there`s hardly any left at that point any way, and if your going to clay it and polish it both of thoes would strip the wax anyway, why do we all wax after claying cause ,one some times you get fine scractes or you dull the surface and where Im at no wax last over 30-45 days anyways none!

imported_RIC
03-17-2002, 09:11 PM
I think people are getting the wrong idea about Dawn. Dawn has high alkalinity and should not be used regularly.

Dawn is used as a first step when switching to the Zaino system. You are directed to do this one time and possibly use it again if a product like 3M swirl remover is used. It is used to strip waxes and oils because Zaino polishes do not have cleaners or abrasives that will remove them thoroughly.

3M Fine cut rubbing compound and SMR, PPCL, and Klasse AIO will remove old waxes making Dawn totally unnecessary. Unlike Zaino all of the above mentioned products contain cleaners and/or abrasives.

MikeLS
03-17-2002, 09:37 PM
to an extent. Dish soaps should never be used on a regular basis. I think most know this unless they`re just beginning the realm of detailing. However, DAWN (or similar) can be used before beginning any new system, not just Zaino. The way I see it is, you have to wash the car anyway before beginning the polishing process so why not go ahead and remove old waxes and oils to work from a completely fresh and clean slate. So, I somewhat disagree that it`s "unnecessary," as it sure helps clean the surface making it squeaky clean to begin the polish or waxing process.

<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RIC [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I think people are getting the wrong idea about Dawn. Dawn has high alkalinity and should not be used regularly.

3M Fine cut rubbing compound and SMR, PPCL, and Klasse AIO will remove old waxes making Dawn totally unnecessary.[/b]</blockquote>

imported_JeffBruce
03-17-2002, 09:38 PM
I used Fine Cut and Swirl remover this weekend, it worked quit well on getting the wax off..

jeff

imported_RIC
03-17-2002, 09:53 PM
If you are moving to a system that does not contain a product that will remove old waxes then by all means a Dawn wash should be used....(i.e. going from a wax system to Klasse SG with the AIO step skipped)

Dawn is high in alkalinity and <em class=`bbc`>may[/i] dry out plasticisers in paint so why bother using it if you are putting down a product that will remove old waxes and oils. A surface cleaned with a gentle, neutral PH wash will suffice if you are putting down a product like Klasse AIO or Liquid Glass. If using PPCL or SMR and then applying a wax based product would also make a Dawn wash unnecessary.

Old Pirate
05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
Optimum Opti-Coat 2.0 (http://www.properautocare.com/opti-coat-2.html) is not like other waxes, sealants, or nano-coatings, it is different. Opti-Coat 2.0 uses advanced resin technology that forms a bond to the paint and when fully cured, is similar to an extra layer of clear coat. Opti-Coat 2.0 is extremely hard and considerably more scratch resistant than your cars finish. This extra hardness will help reduce swirl marks and minor scratches. Opti-Coat 2.0 is more resistant to acid rain damage and other contamination than conventional waxes and paint sealants.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/classic-motoring_2157_37275312.gif

The sku number is OPT-OOC2011-20 and retails for $59.99. You can use your TID discount and get it for $53.99! everyone:notworthy:

http://www.properautocare.com/opti-coat-2.html

imported_gewb
05-02-2011, 08:38 AM
Fantastic! (Wish it was there on Saturday for the sale...oh well)
:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

Regards,
GEWB

BIOLINK
05-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Finally! \m/ Can`t wait to try it out.

Mobilejay
05-03-2011, 09:05 PM
So the "non pro" version, how long before it cures and you can drive the vehicle with OC 2? I know the OG cures MUCH faster. Thanks

BIOLINK
05-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Just ordered the Opti Coat on the Mother`s Day sale. Thanks for getting it up on the site. Fittingly, I will be applying to my mom`s car when I visit in a few weeks. Will post pics and thoughts when finished.

Old Pirate
05-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I know that one as about 20 mins to get it right/done on the area your working/applying it on.

imported_glfahlc
05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
So the "non pro" version, how long before it cures and you can drive the vehicle with OC 2? I know the OG cures MUCH faster. Thanks

takes 12 hours to fully cure...don`t know if you have to wait till it fully cures to drive, but i would.

Mobilejay
05-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the reply, if I can`t get better with the quartz application I will be trying this stuff out.