PDA

View Full Version : New Chemical Guys JetSeal109, Ez Creme Glaze, Butter Wet Wax

Gray Wolf
03-16-2002, 12:23 PM
After doing considerable research I decided to use P21S for my first wax on a new Topaz (Dark) Blue BMW. I`ve only had the car for 10 days and its been washed twice since. The dealer quickly waxed it the day of delivery, but it was raining and very humid so it didn`t work very well. It definitely needs a wax as there is no smoothness to the paint.

So far I`ve waxed the trunk and a rear quarter panel with the P21S. I noticed some contaminant damage already to the trunk area. Here in South Florida the sun is already brutaly hot.

Now my dilema. The sections I waxed are not as mirror like as the sections that are yet un-waxed and have a little duller shine to them. In other words I can see my reflection much sharper in the un-waxed sections.

Is this normal? I understand I`m applying a layer of protection to the clearcoat and that may be causing the duller look as compared to the clearcoat alone (which is what I`m probably seeing in the un-waxed sections now). But I would prefer a more mirror-like shine if possible.

So here are my questions. Does Zaino or other similar products give a wetter more mirror-like look like what I`m seeing in the clearcoat now vs. a Carnauba based wax like P21S?? Or can I expect some dullness as well? Will Zaino protect as well as Carnauba or will I have to expect some less protection (and more maintenace) in exchange for the sharper reflection? And finally should I continue applying the P21S in meantime if Zaino is the answer to my dilema? I probably won`t be able to get the time to buy and apply Zaino for another weekend.

Thanks in advance for any replies as I`m anxiously waiting with applicator in hand. :nixweiss

Gray Wolf
03-16-2002, 12:28 PM
Paint is cool and in shade, etc. etc.

Jngrbrdman
03-16-2002, 01:45 PM
Something like Klasse or Zaino would definatly increase the reflectivity of your car. The carnuba will give it more depth and a wet look and should look better than with nothing at all. If you have access to Zaino or something then I would suggest starting with something like that before you hit it with carnuba. Once you put carnuba on it you can`t put anything else on top of it except for more carnuba. I can`t explain why your unwaxed panels look better than the waxed ones. That is kind of weird.

rstype
03-16-2002, 01:55 PM
Hmmm... could it be prep?

Since you said the paint wasn`t smooth, I think it might possibly be. No matter what you use, Pinnacle or Turtle Wax, proper paint preparation is the key. Surface prep removes swirl marks or any airborne contamination, readying the surface for waxing. Try claying the paint and giving it a Dawn wash. Maybe the dealer wax didn’t work well with the P21S, giving it the dull reflections.

Just remember, giving your car a "wax" over contaminated surfaces won’t help make the surface any smoother or shinier.

Good luck!

~bw

BradE
03-16-2002, 02:00 PM
Given the amount of UV exposure in Florida you may want to consider a polymer product like Zaino, Klasse or BlackFire. These products all have UV screens whereas caranuba waxes do not.

Gray Wolf
03-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Claying a brand new car doesn`t sound like a good idea. Am I right?

Gray Wolf
03-16-2002, 02:12 PM
What should I do about the sections I waxed with Carnauba before applying Zaino, Klasse or Blackfire?

rstype
03-16-2002, 02:17 PM
No, modern clays are "non-abrasive" and safe for new paint. The only thing that is "abrasive" from the clay is the friction from the clay and the paint. Besides for that, it is totally safe if used properly.

Here (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/Detailing-Articles/Cleaning%20Wtih%20Clay.htm`) is a pretty good article on cleaning with clay although I disagree about the paint needing "essential oils."

To remove the carnauba wax, wash the car with Dawn dishwashing detergent or a paint cleaner.

~bw

miguelgf
03-16-2002, 03:34 PM
I`d have to agree with the consensus here - if I were you, I`d:

-Dawn wash the car

-Clay the car

-Dawn wash the car again

-P21S (x3)

I use P21S with the Klasse twins, and I find it ROCKS. Klasse gives you the candy shine of a synthetic, and the P21S brings on the shine and wetness only a carnuba can provide.

imported_Intermezzo
03-17-2002, 12:06 AM
John, why would 2 Dawn washes be necessary, especially considering your suggestion to just re-apply P21S? There aren`t any bonding considerations to worry about when using wax. Besides the claying will remove most of what the dealer put on.

If you`re going to just stick with P21S, just do a wash followed by clay followed by another wash (or very mild paint cleanser) and then the wax.

pparrett
04-26-2011, 04:46 PM
Switched to the Klasse Twins so I don`t need these Chemical Guys products. Bottles are full.

JetSeal109
Ez Creme Glaze
Butter Wet Wax

Thanks

http://www.autopia.org/forum/microclassifieds/photos/f3aa43db97c6aa09aacb219fe1d5189c.jpg

Leadfootluke
04-26-2011, 07:08 PM
Interested in the glaze, what are you looking to trade for?

pparrett
04-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Brushes, cockpit cleaners, edgeless microfiber etc