PDA

View Full Version : M105 Dusting

Red Wolf
03-16-2002, 02:52 AM
I just got a bottle of Imperial Hand Glaze, and after reading some posts I have some questions.

>Will a polymer applied after IHG bond?

>if not will putting IHG over a polymer be of any use? will it damage/degrade the polymer coat?

Is meguiar`s #20 polymer comparable to Zaino,Klasse,Blackfire?

Which wax gives the best gloss/shine + protection?

Right now I am thinking of going with IHG and a wax at least once a month for the summer to get the best appearence then putting on #20(no IHG) for the fall/winter,for the long lasting protection. Does this sound like a good plan?

The car is an `01 Tornado red Jetta.

03-16-2002, 09:02 AM
do a search, i know there are many threads on this. I think the consensus is that the polymer will NOT bond.

Red Wolf
03-16-2002, 01:25 PM
Under the perfect Shine section he recomends using IHG then Klasee?

imported_Intermezzo
03-17-2002, 12:23 AM
There will be bonding issues if you apply IHG and then a polymer with no cleaning ability. Under the "perfect shine" section, the Klasse product (AIO) is a cleaner/protectant combo and would remove the oils left behind by IHG, thereby eliminating any bonding problems.

DOn`t put IHG over polymer sealants. IHG`s got a lot of petroleum distillates which will degrade the polymer.

Meg #20 is a polymer like BF, Z & Klasse, but most people here who have used it would agree that its shine is a notch below BF, Z & K.

You plan sounds fine to me!

Red Wolf
03-17-2002, 02:03 AM
I the AIO removes most of the oil`s etc from the coat of IHG the isn`t it pretty much pointless to put the IHG on?

NogaroS4Buffer
03-17-2002, 02:03 AM
From what I gather, Blitz is the best all around wax.

imported_Intermezzo
03-18-2002, 02:45 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Red Wolf [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>I the AIO removes most of the oil`s etc from the coat of IHG the isn`t it pretty much pointless to put the IHG on? [/b]</blockquote>
Yup! Pretty pointless IMO.

imported_firebird
04-24-2011, 10:24 PM
What is best process to remove dusting before M205?

mikenap
04-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Blow it off with an air compressor and/or wash before 205.

Todd@RUPES
04-25-2011, 05:25 AM
(I`m almost scared to admit this) but I have used a duster on the car after M105 (shhhhhhh). The abrasives in M105 are so fine that they should not mar the paint if they are dry mopped off unlike some other compounds where such an idea would leave behind a lot of scratching. .

imported_detailchick
04-25-2011, 03:21 PM
(I`m almost scared to admit this) but I have used a duster on the car after M105 (shhhhhhh). The abrasives in M105 are so fine that they should not mar the paint if they are dry mopped off unlike some other compounds where such an idea would leave behind a lot of scratching. .

Me too , but I wasnt going to say anything till you did Todd .:D
I saw someone else using a duster on another forum and gave it a try on a black BMW and it seemed to work well with no scratching.

I usually work one panel at a time and clean up spatter and dust immediatly after with a wet shammy. This is because im most often working outdoors and in hot sun too which of course is not ideal .

If you have the time I would say washing would be the best and most thorough way to get the dust off but not the quickest .

Nth Degree
04-25-2011, 04:43 PM
I have a bunch of old bed sheets that I lay over the car... especially where dust is particularly hard to get out. Makes clean up much easier. I still wash after, but it is much easier.

bmw5541
04-25-2011, 07:50 PM
If time is an issue, I will use M34 and a clean MF.

This is probably not the best method, but when time is an issue, it works.

imported_juliom2
04-26-2011, 08:47 AM
Bed sheets....... (like old school car painting)
like it!!.......
:wizard: