PDA

View Full Version : Porter Cable 7424 FAIL

genew
03-13-2002, 01:31 PM
KERMIT just recently won its class on Meguiars Virtual/On-line car show. I just received our award, a nice collection of Meguiars productions [called TUNER COLLECTION]. Couple of the items I recieved are from thier GOLD CLASS collection [SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER & GOLD CLASS LIQUID POLISH]. I`ve never used these products before. Any problems with them? Should I just stick with my #7 Mirror Glaze & #26 wax, then when I get a chance to order BLACKFIRE use it.

Preachers Sheets
03-13-2002, 01:37 PM
It`s pretty dangerous stuff, don`t even bother throwing it away, just private message me and I can send you my apartment addy, you send it to me and I will properly dispose of it. ;)

janderson
03-13-2002, 01:40 PM
I have been using Mcguires Gold Class shampoo for about a year now, and I love it. You can get a huge bottle of it at Target, and you cannot go wrong. It may not be as "fancy" as Pinnacle, but it really does a great job.

And by the way, congratulations to both you and Kermit. Great looking car!

Best regards.

JimO
03-13-2002, 01:55 PM
Congratulations :up and don`t worry about the Gold Class Car Wash. A lot of Autopians use it because it`s the best bang for the buck car wash out there. It goes for $10/gal at Target.

The Gold Class Wax has great shine but very bad durability. Just save the wax for for a neighbor or something. My bottle is just sitting, collecting dust.

Pats300zx
03-13-2002, 02:48 PM
Congrats on the award thats awesome :xyxthumbs

Do you have any pics of your car? I would love to see it...

Chuckmotor
03-13-2002, 06:45 PM
Gold Class shampoo is an A+! Great stuff.

The wax is really shiny, and I really like the results it gives, but it only lasts a couple weeks. Give it a try! It`s shine is a lot different than #26, so who knows, you might like it! Try it for a couple weeks (BTW, a second layer enhances the first!) and if you don`t like it, go back to #26.

genew
03-13-2002, 07:33 PM
THanks Chuck, and everyone. Your comments are most appreicated and welcome.

I`ll give it a shot fro this weekends parade. I`m racing KERMIT at Willow Springs next weekend so I`m pretty sure if the durability is that limited by the end of next weekend it should be pretty much gone.

BTW Will multiple coats of #26 enhance the shine?

What will remove this wax, #26, or #7. I have just used Dawn for the first time and was impressed but I understand we really shouldn`t do that more than 3 times a year.

Chuckmotor
03-14-2002, 10:47 PM
I tried #26 on top of Gold Class, but I used a dirty towel (and I didn`t realize it) to buff it out, so in the sun, there were some really really really bad swirls in the wax layer. When there wasn`t too much sun, it looked great!

BTW, #7 will remove the Gold Class.

Clean Dean
03-15-2002, 12:51 AM
I also don`t mind waxing the car more often. GC wax really delivers a deep wet shine. The shampoo is a great buy at Target! When I first saw the price I couldn`t believe my eyes.

:D

honda2112
04-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Yes, less than one year and it decided not to turn on halfway through my wife`s car, of all cars! I always use a decent amount of pressure and vary the speeds from usually from 2 to 6. I don`t know if this is an epidemic and I figured I`d let everyone know in case they have issues as well. I`ve read detailers having a PC for years, maybe I just got a fluke. I`ll be calling ToolKing.com where I purchased it. If there`s nothing they can do then I may pick up a Meg`s.

Todd@RUPES
04-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Turn it on and try moving the power cord around (with the machine on/low speed) and see if it turns on. Usually problems to DA`s are limited to the power cord.

Old Pirate
04-11-2011, 07:33 AM
Your Porter Cable is under warranty if it`s under a year old and the number to call: (888) 848-5175.

honda2112
04-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Thank you wise ones! I did try everything with the power cord, even popped off the rear housing to check all solders/connections. Thanks again for the help!