PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys help...

Pages : [1] 2

SpaceAce
04-14-2004, 08:58 PM
I am trying to gain more info on Poorboys SSR1 and Pro Polish. (I have not used either product yet). I have heard some people say that SSR1 can basically serve as your polish. Since the SSR1 would remove swirls, oxidation, etc.., would that be smart to use it after claying and then go straight to a wax/sealant without using PP? ALthough it is mildly abrasive, it should be alright to use the SSR1 2-3 times per year right? Thanks!

I assume SSR1 or PP would work as a good base for most waxes and sealants.

Woob
04-14-2004, 09:04 PM
ProPolish - a VERY versatile product you can use on about anything. When used after claying, it will remove residue and create an ultra clear look for EX-P or any other Wax / Sealant of your choice. You can still use PP for some white scratches if you change your applicator (terry)

SSR1 - VERY light swirl / scratch remover that is sometimes known as a glaze. Use it for a deeper shine.

Either will work, both have a different thickness and application. They are great! :cool

nthngd2say
04-14-2004, 09:18 PM
:yeah

I like to use PP after claying then SSR1 and follow up with a wax or sealant. SSR1 definately gives a deep wet shine and I seem to lose some of that if I use PP after SSR1 IMO.

ACE
04-14-2004, 10:35 PM
You can definitely go with SSR1 and then seal. I`ve used Zaino over SSR1 with great results. SSR1 is so mild I think you could use it on any finish just as a polish even if you have no swirls.

awd330
04-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Yes, SSR1 can be used as a final polish and is safe to use 2-3 times a year. It leaves the surface with a different look than Pro Polish. SSR1 is very glossy and slick, while PP is extremely clear and clean. Choose the one which best complements the following layer.

[edit for typo]

SpaceAce
04-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks for all the input. More thoughts and ideas are of course welcomed (and appreciated), but I think I am leaning towards the SSR1 as my choice. Thanks for the fast responses!

kimwallace
04-15-2004, 08:20 AM
I haven`t used PP yet but I love SSR 1. I have used it on a white car and a dark burgundy metalic. In both cases the paint was ultra shiney, clear and wet looking. It is difficult to describe but WOW seems to fit.

dalmore
04-15-2004, 09:00 AM
SSR1 is a definite crowd pleaser on the wet shiney look - it`s hard to believe it`s not leaving oils behind - in fact, I`m trying to figure out someway to test that assertation simply because it looks that wet ... If I had to pick only one between the two - it would be SSR1.

The Chee
04-15-2004, 09:07 AM
Interesting that zaino works on top of SSR1, take that Sal hehe

groebuck
04-15-2004, 12:44 PM
I think of pro polish as a more versatile product - and in the scheme of clay-polish-seal-wax I put it after clay and before SSR - Basically I want the finish as clean as possilble to attack the swirls and what not -

I don`t have ssr1 but I have ssr2 and it does a great job as well - remember they are all (ssr line) clear coat safe so unless you really mess up (wool pad @ 6 held in same spot for 10 minutes for example :) ) - you won`t damage the clear :)

newbie04
04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
So for removing light scratching 4x a year (every 3 mo), would one use SSR1 or PP?

Poorboy
04-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by newbie04
So for removing light scratching 4x a year (every 3 mo), would one use SSR1 or PP?

if that`s all you are using it for SSR1 ....if you want a multi-purpose polish for your wheels, glass, paint, and plastic...PP:)

newbie04
04-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks. Looks like I`ll get some SSR1 and PP - the lights, windows, and exhaust tips could use a little polish. :)

III
04-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by nthngd2say
:yeah

I like to use PP after claying then SSR1 and follow up with a wax or sealant. SSR1 definately gives a deep wet shine and I seem to lose some of that if I use PP after SSR1 IMO.

Ok, I`m confused :wait I thought since ssr1 is more aggressive than pp, the ssr1 has less polish in it, which would reduce the shine. I thought it would be better the other way around. (ssr1 followed by pp) Am I missing something?

Woob
04-18-2004, 01:47 AM
SSR1 is designed for light swirls, but hte PP is like a chemical cleaner. It will take the glaze look away from SSR1. It depends.