PDA

View Full Version : Spring Clean Up Sale And Free Shipping At ProperAutoCare.com

Pages : [1] 2

SouthernBoy
03-05-2002, 05:11 PM
I just found a decent deal on some used 17" wheels. Three have some curb rash. As I am in no big hurry to install, I thought I`d take a stab at refinishing them myself, but I have no idea how to do it.

The wheels are a clearcoated anthracite (that`s grey for all you heathens out there ;) ).

Any help would be appreciated.

Sirslap2
03-05-2002, 05:15 PM
Yes. I had a BMW alloy refinished by a local place here in Calgary that has a great reputation.

They welded on to the rashed area, polished, painted and cleared it.

They can do amazing stuff.

Mine cost me $107Cdn but I have heard of it getting done for cheaper in the states around $75 (same after conversion).

It looks new again.

SouthernBoy
03-05-2002, 05:18 PM
Yeah, there are a couple of local guys here that do it, but I`m really hoping to find out if I can do it myself. Again, no structural damage, just curb rash.

2wheelsx2
03-05-2002, 05:19 PM
That`s been my experience also. Mine were cast aluminum clear coated wheels (15"). Cost $100 Cdn a piece.

m5m3
03-06-2002, 08:10 AM
Not sure how you could DIY your wheels. I have one of mine done - they TIG welded the curb rash (to fill in), then machined the wheel to cut the profile back and then painted and baked. Looked brand new - cost £85, but a new single wheel was nearly £1000. Seen it round my way going for £30 per wheel. Wish I could have done it myself, but the tools and the finish.....

SouthernBoy
03-06-2002, 08:29 AM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by richardp [/i]
<strong class=`bbc`>Not sure how you could DIY your wheels... Wish I could have done it myself, but the tools and the finish..... [/b]</blockquote>
That`s what I was afraid of. :( Oh well, looks like I`ll have to rise up off of the wallet and have a professional handle it.

Thanks for the advice.

BTW, I`m thoroughly enjoying the "British Invasion" here on Autopia. Always nice to get that international input!:D

Lowejackson
03-06-2002, 01:24 PM
A year ago I paid about 50 or 60 GB Pounds to get my wheels redone, by a local firm that also does wheels for the main dealers. Worth every penny. The clear coat was failing and looked terrible :(

A year on they still look perfect

Steven

Old Pirate
03-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Current Promotion At ProperAutoCare.com (http://classic-motoring.stores.yahoo.net/cupr.html)

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t158/zoomzoommazda5/untitled234566542369.jpg (http://www.properautocare.com/spclkit.html)

Take a Look at the Weekly Specials!

Our Weekly Specials (http://www.properautocare.com/weeklyspecials.html) are back. Weekly Specials are for one week only or until the product is sold out. Be sure to check back each week for the new specials.

imported_Mr. Gloss
03-16-2011, 08:08 PM
The shopping cart won`t accept my product choices. When I click, ADD TO CART, it moves to the shipping map, and my cart remains empty.

imported_detailchick
03-17-2011, 12:05 AM
Are you putting the number of items you want Mr Gloss?

Old Pirate
03-17-2011, 06:36 AM
Mr Gloss, are you using Firefox? if so try using Internet Explorer.

imported_Mr. Gloss
03-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Yes, I am putting in the quantity.

Firefox doesn`t work here?

I`ll have to install IE since I ban that from all my computers. :(

I just entered (1) Opti Mitt and clicked ADD TO CART. It navigates to the Shipping Map, still.

Approximate UPS Delivery Times for US

We ship by UPS and US Postal Service. UPS ground delivery has been running 3 to 7 business days depending on your distance from Florida. Please include a UPS shippable address when you order. PO boxes will ship via USPS.

With UPS, you will be e-mailed a UPS tracking code so you may monitor your order`s delivery to you. To track your order, simply log in to www.UPS.com, and enter your tracking number into their tracking interface.

Below is a UPS Delivery Time map for UPS Ground Delivery from our Tampa, Florida warehouse.

To Our West Coast Customers:

As you can see by the UPS map below, shipping to the West Coast is 5 - 6 business days by UPS Ground. USPS quotes Priority Mail shipping 2 - 3 business days (including Saturday) from Florida to the West Coast. Check the USPS Postage Calculator for more information. We ship from zip code 33634.

If delivery time is important to you, select USPS Priority Mail as your shipping option. USPS Priority Mail does provide tracking, and we will email you your tracking information. Shipping rules about aerosols and oversized packages still apply.

Custom orders such as car covers, floor mats, headlight film, and drop ship items like rolling chairs and wall-mount vacuums will be shipped via UPS or FedEx. This is dependent on the manufacturer.

Please remember, these delivery times are approximate, and do not include weekends or national holidays.

Old Pirate
03-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Mr Gloss, I`m not having that problem using it on Internet Explorer, but will get back on this when our computer dude returns in the morning.

imported_Blk5.0
03-17-2011, 03:35 PM
I just took advantage of that special myself.

Old Pirate
03-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Thank you Blk5.0 for your order! :thumbup: