PDA

View Full Version : Car Referrals

mx5
02-27-2002, 02:32 PM
Eagle One has a new product out called Wax and Dry. It says you spray this wax on a wet car after it has been washed and then you wipe down your car. It is not listed on their website yet. I saw it at a Murrays discount auto store.

F1Crazy
02-27-2002, 04:08 PM
It`s called Wax As-U-Dry and there was a little discussion about it here http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7446 (`http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=7446`)
I bought it and tried last week. Results were quite nice on a beater car that had 2 coats of SG. After wash I sprayed wet panel and used Absorber to dry it. There was no squeeking and pulling and no streaks that Absorber leaves. I didn`t have to use any QD to remove water spots and it left quite nice shine.
The car collects a little more dust than before, but this could be a nice product to cut time in my weekly car wash routine.

Gimlet
02-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Hey everyone. So I`m planning on commuting to ASU next year(not entirely sure yet) and I`m going to need a car to take! My dad gave me his 08 BMW 335i as my own car, but I don`t know if I want to drive that to college; and gas prices are rising. :cursing: So Ive done some research and such, but I`m still not sure. Basically I am looking at a car that looks nice and runs well.

A few models I was looking at:
1) 05+ Infiniti G35 coupe/sedan.
2)07+ Audi A4
3)09+ VW GTI.
4)11 VW Jetta
5)05+ Nissan Altima or 350Z

Those are the top 5 I chose mainly because they all look nice and I would enjoy to keep them looking clean. And they are all decently priced and offer good gas mileage. For now, I plan on selling the car shortly after college.
Do any of you have any personal experiences with these cars or have another recommendations?
Thanks for your help,
Rob

imported_firebird
02-24-2011, 07:45 PM
They all appear to be foreign cars. As much as I love them all and they are nice, none the less, I don`t think I`d buy a foreign car (new or used) without a warranty. Did that once with a Saab and ouch! That`s just my 2 cents.

Gimlet
02-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Well my dad refuses to buy from GM or Chrysler. So that leaves Ford...and I`m not too big of a fan of their cars. F-150s are amazing but I think a car is better for college.

EastsideAutoSpa
02-24-2011, 09:37 PM
College transportation = Honda or toyota (reliable and cheap)

imported_CH.Detailing
02-24-2011, 10:30 PM
College transportation = Honda or toyota (reliable and cheap)

Double that. Although I never seem to follow my own advice...

EastsideAutoSpa
02-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Double that. Although I never seem to follow my own advice...

Ha
Me either

imported_Stokdgs
02-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Being that I am a big fan of Bimmers, I would have loved to drive an almost new one to college - especially if it was given to me - but that`s just me. :)

Then again, about every college Ive ever seen is so crowded with cars, that sometimes even the best intentions still result in your car getting smacked by some clueless person, who of course, does not leave a note, etc., so you are stuck with using your Insurance, etc..

In that case, I would want to drive the least expensive car I could stand and not be out a whole lot if someone ran over it with their big Ford Raptor or something.. :devil:

All of the cars you listed are all very nice and sporty, and the German ones will all cost more to maintain, because they just do.

Good luck at ASU - heard lots of great things about it.

Dan F

imported_firebird
02-25-2011, 09:53 AM
I`d go with a Bimmer all day long too but out of your choices I think I would choose the Nissan Altima. Nice car. Fairly easy detail too...clean lines.

imported_gewb
02-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey everyone. So I`m planning on commuting to ASU next year(not entirely sure yet) and I`m going to need a car to take!

Do any of you have any personal experiences with these cars or have another recommendations?
Thanks for your help,
Rob

Please give serious consideration to the Hyundai Sonata, especially the new (2011) one. You could likely get a new Sonata for close to the price you would pay for those in your list. Don`t go crazy with option packages as the basic model has a lot of good features.

Reasons to consider the Sonata:
> Made in the USA
> Good gas mileage
> Great safety rating
> Lower insurance costs
> 100,000 mile warranty
> Nice styling (really like the interior)

One step up in the Sonata line is the turbo version but more $$ and higher cost of ownership. College years are tough financially - make wise choices now and stick to them.

Regards,
GEWB

Audiguru
02-25-2011, 11:18 PM
Dont get a GTi,FSI engine is a pos