PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

JonB
02-24-2002, 02:58 PM
I have spent the last 6 hours washing, claying, SMRing, PPCLing, Z6ing, ZFX/Z5ing the bimmer. A few comments... If you don`t own at least a PC (or a rotary) and expect to be doing the kind of stuff you read here on Autopia, I think you are kidding yourself. In order to get a good prep, you need it, or you need about a week to do it by hand.... In either case, make sure your health insurance is paid up, cuz you will probably need a chiropractor to twist your back into shape!

So far as I can see, the reflectivity is excellent. Its definitely a different look than Klasse and Blackfire. It looks more like a mirror and with less depth. I have 2 coats of Z5 on so far and going to do the last one in a few minutes. Maybe as more coats go on, there will be a little more depth to the shine. Either way, it is very attractive. I will say one thing about Zaino...it is the easiest product to apply and remove.

Tomorrow will do 3 coats of ZFX/Z2 and call it a day....and maybe get some pics.

H

BradE
02-24-2002, 03:02 PM
<blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

In either case, make sure your health insurance is paid up, cuz you will probably need a chiropractor to twist your back into shape!</blockquote>

hahahaha!! Yep you are right without a PC your arms will be numb after about 1 hour or so, after they go numb the polishing by hand get easier. :D

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your bimmer.

MikeLS
02-24-2002, 03:14 PM
I know what you mean. I`ve always done all waxing/polishing, everything, by hand for years. I know how time consuming and hard it can be but you can still get great results with patience and practice; and of course, the right products help too.

Personally, I love the depth and reflectivity that Zaino gives. I never really understood those that say it looks "plasticy." I see a very clear, reflective, deep and blinding shine. Plastics are usually quite dull if you think about it, and Zaino certainly is NOT dull. But, that`s just my opinion FWIW. I also agree that it`s very easy to work with. Z is, in fact, THE easiest product I`ve ever had the pleasure to buff.

Yeah, slap on 3 coats of Z2 and be prepared for these :cool: .

Gotta see some pix though!

:xyxthumbs

rstype
02-24-2002, 03:17 PM
Haha! I was just in the garage finally trying to get rid of the swirls on the roof of the car. I`m pretty short... and standing on a stool for two hours, vigorously rubbing SMR back and forth is a pain.

And the most of the swirls are still here... I need to borrow a PC!

DETAILKING
02-25-2002, 10:01 AM
That steel grey is gonna look awesome.....I should know! haha

Wait till after the first Z7 wash.....it only gets better......I don`t know why....it just does!

Lemonxxs
02-25-2002, 02:30 PM
Bigboyhf,

Are you gonna do a review?

And show us some pics please.

JonB
02-25-2002, 02:59 PM
I am going to wait a few days for my back to recover before adding the 3 layers of ZFX/Z2. I have some pics of the car with Klasse so hopefully we can compare and see if it will show up differently. Maybe I can get a pic or two with just the layers of Z5 and compare those also.

H BTW I did not re-wash after doing the SMR/PPCL prep. I didn`t notice any problems with bonding.

laynlow
02-25-2002, 03:57 PM
I think my Z has just as much shine and depth as the Meguiars products I used to use. The difference for me, is on the edges.

Have you ever seen a pane of glass with light shining through one edge? The opposite edge will light up, sort of a fiber optic effect. That is what Z does on the sharp edges on my Explorer. The edge "lights up" like a light is shining through it. I believe this may be what some people refer to as the plastic look. Whatever it is, I like it!

:xyxthumbs

DETAILKING
02-25-2002, 04:14 PM
i also believe it is the effect you see at night. A zainoed car (especially lighter colors) seems to GLOW at night....seems to just gather all the light around and reflect it off.........neat look.

imported_Intermezzo
02-25-2002, 04:38 PM
I agree with that, Detailking. At night under some city lights, nothing beats the shine of a Zaino`d car.

JohnCamero
02-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I am registar today
i like your forum i hope to be part of your community

---------------------------------------------------------------------
My Website

Sorry no e-commerce links ......................Mod 2

bmw5541
02-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Welcome to TID John.
It`s always nice to see a new member join us here. I look forward to seeing you around.

Harleyguy
02-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Welcome to TID John one thing you will find on this forum unlike others there is some real talent here .

GoFast908Z
03-29-2011, 12:55 AM
Spammers spamming each other lol