PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from new Jersey

Focusedonsound
04-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Good Morning everyone,

I surpassed car lover a long time ago and have also passed obssive compulsive when it comes to how clean my car is. I don`t know what it is and or why but my car has to be clean.

What I drive

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible. Black exterior/Dark Graphite Grey Interior/Black Roof.

I have tried Many different products through the years while detailing my cars. And have found that Meguires products preform the best but am always looking for new products and tecniques

groebuck
04-13-2004, 09:16 AM
Welcome!

Beemerboy
04-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Welcome to DC you`ll love the people here.

Love the car that you dirve what are you using to clean and preserve the rag top?

nthngd2say
04-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Welcome to DC!

Focusedonsound
04-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Beemerboy
Welcome to DC you`ll love the people here.

Love the car that you dirve what are you using to clean and preserve the rag top?

I use Mothers Convertible top cleaner with a soft bristle brush to clean the top and then use 303 vinal Protectant to preserve. Works great. I usually use the cleaner in the spring and the fall and use the 303 Protectant every other month. Keeps the top looking as black as the paint on the car.

Beemerboy
04-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Then your doing the right thing, Poorboys has a great product call Trim Restorer that works wonders on those tops. Also Ragg Topp is one to look at

Dr Groove
04-13-2004, 06:46 PM
Welcome Focusedonsound, it`s nice to see another New Jersian on the boards. :welcome

Where ya` from in the Garden State?

When you find out what our particular problem is: "I don`t know what it is and or why but my car has to be clean" please let me know. I didn`t want to spend the money going to a psychologist!!!:lmfao

Focusedonsound
04-14-2004, 01:29 PM
Im from Northern Bergen county. As for spending money on a psychologist, I don`t think so. They might cure me and the thought of driving around in a dirty car is rather repulsive to me.

If you have seen the movie Shallow Hal, well just change that up a bit, Replace the girls with cars.

andriver
04-14-2004, 01:32 PM
LOL. Welcome Focusedonsound.

mirrorfinishman
04-14-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome Focusedonsound,

Good to see you are doing your part to keep New Jersey looking good!

Dr Groove
04-14-2004, 08:32 PM
Focusedonsound. . . I think of myself as the automotive equivalent of Adrian Monk, an OC detective on the USA network. If you`ve seen the show you know what I mean, if there`s even a piece of lint on your jacket he practically goes balistic!

WHAT - dust on my car ! Where`s my Calif Duster!!! Quick, hand me that MF towel. More QD !!!! :lmfao